The Student Room Group

Am I being too dramatic

So for context. My friend told me to cut my best friend off due to a variety of reasons. He would also talk bad about her and why she isn’t a good friend. And i did cut her off.

Well today he goes and talks to her like nothing ever happened and he didn’t say all those things and encouraged me to cut her off. So he is basically painting himself as the good person and me as the bad one.

I feel incredibly betrayed by this act and I’m honestly putting a brave face on.

So is it stupid of me to be sad about this.
no, its not.:smile:
Reply 2
Other way round: it's sad that you behaved stupidly. You decided to listen to gossip and act on it.

Instead of moping, why not see what you can salvage?
You let yourself be manipulated and gaslighted and were too gullible without critically thinking for yourself. Now, apologise to the friend you cut off and then it’s her decision whether she wants to forgive you and resume the friendship. And then cut off the “friend” who manipulated you and played you like an Irish fiddle.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Surnia
Other way round: it's sad that you behaved stupidly. You decided to listen to gossip and act on it.

Instead of moping, why not see what you can salvage?

Yes I know I was a complete ******** and hopefully I will learn from this and not do something of a similar nature again
Original post by Son of the Sea
You let yourself be manipulated and gaslighted and were too gullible without critically thinking for yourself. Now, apologise to the friend you cut off and then it’s her decision whether she wants to forgive you and resume the friendship. And then cut off the “friend” who manipulated you and played you like an Irish fiddle.

I know it makes me angry everyday replaying the one situation that destroyed the friendship. I’m going to wait till our exams are over to end this friendship. Unfortunately me and his gf and flatmates so things are going to get awkward but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Anyone have anytips on how I can distant myself/cut things off with them.

Yes I’m asking strangers online because i clearly don’t have friends anymore
Original post by Anonymous
I know it makes me angry everyday replaying the one situation that destroyed the friendship. I’m going to wait till our exams are over to end this friendship. Unfortunately me and his gf and flatmates so things are going to get awkward but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Anyone have anytips on how I can distant myself/cut things off with them.

Yes I’m asking strangers online because i clearly don’t have friends anymore

Well block them on all forms of social media and in real life just ignore them as much as possible really.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Well block them on all forms of social media and in real life just ignore them as much as possible really.

Thank you 😊
dont let it bother you; maybe try and make new friends? but also next time, always listen to your mind not the thoughts of others:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
So for context. My friend told me to cut my best friend off due to a variety of reasons. He would also talk bad about her and why she isn’t a good friend. And i did cut her off.

Well today he goes and talks to her like nothing ever happened and he didn’t say all those things and encouraged me to cut her off. So he is basically painting himself as the good person and me as the bad one.

I feel incredibly betrayed by this act and I’m honestly putting a brave face on.

So is it stupid of me to be sad about this.

No its absolutely not. You are not being dramatic. In my opinion from experience he's toxic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending