The Student Room Group

How to repeat Year 13 (A Levels)

So not being pessimistic or dramatic or anything, but I don't think I got the grades to go to uni. There is still a chance, but in case I don't I'd like to re-do year 13. How can I go about this?
Original post by adyysonline
So not being pessimistic or dramatic or anything, but I don't think I got the grades to go to uni. There is still a chance, but in case I don't I'd like to re-do year 13. How can I go about this?

Hi @adyysonline

Don't be too hard on yourself about your grades. I'm sure you've worked hard and you should be proud of yourself for completing your exams.

On results day, if you don't get the grades you're needing for university offer, I'd still give the university a call to see if you can be accepted with the grades you received.

There is also the option of Clearing if you still want to go to university this year, but I understand if you want to go to a specific university and course, this might not be the right solution for you.

To think about re-sitting your A Levels, I would get in touch with your head of sixth form/tutors at college to let them know how you're feeling about your grades. And if in the event you would like to re-sit your subjects after results day, these would be the people to speak to.

I hope this helps and try not to worry about your grades over the summer.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 2
depending on what college or sixth form you go to, I assume just a talk with the leaders?
I know that my sixth form will suggest to re-do a year if you're not achieving your predicted grades.
either way, I would just express these worries to a teacher or something and see what happens from there :smile:
Reply 3
I feel like having to re-do the year again would be kinda humiliating, since firstly my relationship with my teachers is kinda off, plus I know some people from the year below me that'd be in my class too. Am I just being too prideful? Or I could go to another sixth form/college and redo Year 13 there?
I will be having a talk with my teacher soon too.
Reply 4
If you want to resit your a levels, you can either do a resit year were you go to school like normal and be in the same lessons as the year below you, or you can do your revision at home and just come in to school to do your exams. This will depend on your school though, contact them if you are able to resit your exams, they will tell you if that’s fine and you’ll choose from the 2 options above, not all schools will allow you to retake with them, therefore you will have to resit your exams as a private candidate, this will mean you pay to resit each subject in a private exam centre and just come in to complete those exams(it costs roughly £350 per subject, but don’t be out of by that price as it is for your future and you could get a part time job from September to end of December to pay it off, leaving the rest of the year to really revise for your exams).
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest