The Student Room Group

GCSEs

I am in a proper rut with my mental and physical health and I really really can’t focus at school. I haven’t had a proper focus in a subject probably since year 7 but as my GCSEs are coming up very soon (as I’m now in year 11) I’m starting to get very concerned for my results and me not getting accepted into a college In Nottingham. How easy is it to pass everyone from the situation I’m in or is it too late to be able to pass any? As I have adhd it’s very very hard to focus all the time but would revision be recommended still even though I struggle with focusing?
Heya! This must be really difficult for you to be going through right now - although i do not have adhd, i can relate to the being in a rut with your mental and physical health as i was in a similar position to yours this time last year when i was building up to doing my gcses. There are two very important things to remember here: one is that your physical and mental health ALWAYS comes before all else, so make sure you are listening to your mind and body and taking rest when you need it, and the second is that it is NEVER too late! I have so much belief in you that you will pass your gcses, and although i know it is hard, you should try to believe in yourself too (i know it's really cringe, but "if you can believe you can achieve"). Different things work for different people! Perhaps you could try engaging methods of revision to help you get more into it and be able to focus on it a little longer (if you let me know what subjects you are taking and the ways that you are currently trying to revise, i could provide you with some advice on how you could do this), but i think the most important thing you can do is talk about it - how you are feeling and how you need support. Find a trusted adult (preferably within your school as it sounds like this is where you need most support!) and let them know how you are feeling - it really does help i promise! The best thing i did during that period of my life (and continue to do even now) was to open up and receive help, i could not have done as well as i did if i hadn't spoken out. Things might seem difficult, scary and worrying right now, but it will all work out for you - i have faith in it! Wishing you all the best :smile:
Reply 2
Hi there @Stam21! My advice to you is to speak to a teacher about these issues you are facing, I don't think it would be very great to face these problems alone and talking helps. It's never too late to achieve something. I would also advise you to create a revision guide or plan for all your subjects, you can look at past papers or create a study timetable. You can read about growing your grades from different forums on this website. Here's an example of one: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/the-revision-timetable-youll-actually-stick-to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending