The Student Room Group

what information is included in the january letter if you have been poolled?

i read that when an applicant is poolled the college that you originally applied to gives your application a letter signifying why you have been poolled e.g. P for 'looks good on paper but less impressive at interview'. I just wondered whether when you get a letter saying you've been poolled it will tell you this information like 'you have been poolled because...' or will it be 'you have been poolled. Period.'
thanks!
Reply 1
It just tell you that you've been pooled, no mention about the category so there's frequently panic about autopooling at the time :biggrin: However if you're pooled with tags/dipped (AKA college is trying to look in the pool if there's anyone better, and if there isn't they'll take you) then sometimes (or maybe always) it's mentioned in the letter that you're pooled but your app is still under consideration by your top choice.
Reply 2
No, you do not find out why you have been pooled. They all say that you are still under consideration AFAIK.
Reply 3
i got the pool letter and yes, all it said was: you are of the right standard for cambridge, we have too many applicants at this college , you are in the pool, another college may make you an offer.

there was no reason given.

Latest

Trending

Trending