The Student Room Group

Medical Lab Assistant job Help!

Hi, I have gradated with a first class in BSc biomedical science. I'm looking for medical lab assistant job but finding it difficult at the moment. What websites do you apply for this role other than the NHS website? Also is experience required to get into a MLA job as I don't have any experience outside of university.
Thanks.
Original post by abdillahifarah90
Hi, I have gradated with a first class in BSc biomedical science. I'm looking for medical lab assistant job but finding it difficult at the moment. What websites do you apply for this role other than the NHS website? Also is experience required to get into a MLA job as I don't have any experience outside of university.
Thanks.

Hi abdillahifarah90,

First of all, congratulations on getting a first-class degree in biomedical science!

I graduated last year and am also currently working as an MLA. I used the NHS Jobs website to get my job, but also saw other advertisements on Indeed and Totaljobs (though I've not used them so I'm not sure whether they're any good). New MLA jobs are advertised fairly often on NHS Jobs so I'd try to check regularly if you can.

The only lab experience I had was in university as well and I still got the job. It's still experience - and is actually often desirable!:smile: If it lists in the job description specific techniques or equipment that you've used, try to mention it in your statement. Also make sure to show how you align with the NHS values.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions:smile:

Bethan
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi abdillahifarah90,

First of all, congratulations on getting a first-class degree in biomedical science!

I graduated last year and am also currently working as an MLA. I used the NHS Jobs website to get my job, but also saw other advertisements on Indeed and Totaljobs (though I've not used them so I'm not sure whether they're any good). New MLA jobs are advertised fairly often on NHS Jobs so I'd try to check regularly if you can.

The only lab experience I had was in university as well and I still got the job. It's still experience - and is actually often desirable!:smile: If it lists in the job description specific techniques or equipment that you've used, try to mention it in your statement. Also make sure to show how you align with the NHS values.

Bethan

Thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it. :smile:
How long did It take you to get an MLA job after university if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi abdillahifarah90,

Bethan
Hi abdillahifarah90

Bethan has left the university and so she is no longer one of our Official Reps so it won't be possible for us to get her to reply to this specific message. You could try one of our current students on our ask a current student messaging service to see what they have done in the area of work and finding experience.

Sorry I am unable to help more. Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Original post by abdillahifarah90
How long did It take you to get an MLA job after university if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending