The Student Room Group

Late UCAS application

--------
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Dr.Stein
Do ucas extra applicants take priority over late applications. In particular when it comes to universities such as:

- University of Manchester
- University of Warwick
- KCL
- University of Bath

for a course such as physics

Generally not in terms of how they are considered, but possibly in the speed a decision is returned, (because an extra applicant can withdraw themselves after a certain period of time so the uni might try to expedite them).
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Generally not in terms of how they are considered, but possibly in the speed a decision is returned, (because an extra applicant can withdraw themselves after a certain period of time so the uni might try to expedite them).

If that's the case, how probable would it be that they have free spaces for a late applicant. From what I have researched, physics tends to not be very competitive at the universities listed
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Dr.Stein
If that's the case, how probable would it be that they have free spaces for a late applicant. From what I have researched, physics tends to not be very competitive at the universities listed

If the course is still open to applications, (and unis sometimes forget to close it promptly on UCAS), you'll generally have the same chances as an 'on time' application.

I can't really speak for your general chances, although if you meet/are predicted to meet the typical offer than I think you'll very seriously be considered by at least two of the above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending