The Student Room Group

Sheffield Journalism UCAS

Freaking out abit because I haven’t got my journalism offer yet from Sheffield and people I know have got there offers back (both on and not on my course)! Is there something I’m doing wrong or do I just wait?
And is anyone doing journalism studies at Sheffield University?
Original post by miss12344665xxx
Freaking out abit because I haven’t got my journalism offer yet from Sheffield and people I know have got there offers back (both on and not on my course)! Is there something I’m doing wrong or do I just wait?
And is anyone doing journalism studies at Sheffield University?

You just wait.

For a start, the fact that people who've applied to different courses at the same uni is entirely irrelevant. The decision-making process will be done by the individual departments. They each work in different ways.

Now we consider those who've applied to the same course as you at the same university as you. For a start, how many people do you know applying to the same course at the same uni? It can't be many, surely?

Did those people apply on the same date as you? Is theirs the same type of application as yours? (contextual vs standard, predicted vs. actual grades, deferred entry vs. not, etc.).

If all of the above are equal, including you having applied on the same date, then perhaps they're going through their applications in some non-obvious order. They haven't just forgotten about you.

The fact that we've now reached the equal consideration deadline means that we might see a flurry of offers in the next few days. Hang in there!

(You probably know this, but the unis have until 18th May to make a decision.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending