The Student Room Group

AS level grades required for a good university

Will good universities like University of Sheffield and University of Glasgow accept a BBBC for an AS grade if i can score a A*A*AB in A levels predicted?
(Original post by spacetimeduality)Will good universities like University of Sheffield and University of Glasgow accept a BBBC for an AS grade if i can score a A*A*AB in A levels predicted?

Are these formal AS exams or school exams. Have they been marked by examiners or your teachers. Why are your predicted grades so much higher.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by spacetimeduality)Will good universities like University of Sheffield and University of Glasgow accept a BBBC for an AS grade if i can score a A*A*AB in A levels predicted?

Are these formal AS exams or school exams. Have they been marked by examiners or your teachers. Why are your predicted grades so much higher.

Just took my AS exams and I did really bad and felt that I did not put any effort into studying, my teachers believe that my predicted grades could be as mentioned above for A levels since I usually have scored well in internal exams and mock tests
Original post by spacetimeduality
Just took my AS exams and I did really bad and felt that I did not put any effort into studying, my teachers believe that my predicted grades could be as mentioned above for A levels since I usually have scored well in internal exams and mock tests

Are you studying in wales or taking international A levels?
Original post by PQ
Are you studying in wales or taking international A levels?

International A levels
Will good universities like University of Sheffield and University of Glasgow accept a BBBC for an AS grade if i can score a A*A*AB in A levels predicted?

It depends on your UCAS grades. I'm not sure if doing AS exams means those are set as your UCAS grades or your teachers can still choose them. If your teachers choose your UCAS grades then you should be good
International A levels

Then you’ll have to declare your AS results on your application and it will be down to your reference to explain why your predictions are higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending