The Student Room Group

QUESTION: can't respond to my offers

i cant respond to any of my ucas offers, and i need to respond to it in order to submit my application for my uni or else i won't be able to apply there.
it's not my first choice and scared that if i accept the offer through emailing uni support, that i am permenantly studying there.
or whether i have to accept all places anyways? i'm so confused.
why do i have to accept when i obviously went through the trouble to send an application to all of them?

CONTEXT:i'm applying to art courses and three have given me 'conditional' offers', stating that as long as my portfolio is fine i'll be in.
however two other unis have not given me an offer although ive scheduled an interview and when to submit my portfolio.
all universities obviously have to look at my portfolio to accept me so why call it conditional?
I'm a bit confused by this post but I think you receive an offer from your unis and from there they can make a decision to accept or reject your application based on if you meet the conditions. Some unis might do it early or later as reviewing the portfolios may take time but also they need to wait for your A-Level results. For art courses, most of them will be conditional as you need to meet the conditions to be accepted such as obtaining the required amount of tariff points, submitting a portfolio of your work or attending an interview. After that, they will make a decision to accept your application or reject you.

Once all unis have made a decision, you can then respond to the unis that have accepted you by choosing your firm and insurance choice. Firm is the uni you want to go the most, and insurance is more of a backup in case you don't get accepted into the firm or you no longer wish to study there. If you haven't received an offer from the other unis then I guess you can contact them or they will make a decision after you submit the portfolio or attend the interview. Your unis have until 18/05/2023 to respond to your application so you don't need to worry about responding to them now. Also I don't think emailing the unis for support on your application will make you accept an offer so you don't need to worry. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Thank you for replying!
I'm currently doing art foundation so my A-Levels results are sorted :-)

I've recieved offers but for some reason they want me to respond to them alongside sending the documentation and portfolio.
My deadline for one uni is today, which means I can't finish it in time due to this issue which sucks :/ but emailed them if it was absolutely necessary to respond.
it's weird that two of the unis i've checked both want a response BEFORE looking at my portfolio!

oh well, hopefully all goes well i guess for the other universities and that the last two offers come in soon (since they have contacted me just not notifying UCAS).
Original post by mikeh000
I'm a bit confused by this post but I think you receive an offer from your unis and from there they can make a decision to accept or reject your application based on if you meet the conditions. Some unis might do it early or later as reviewing the portfolios may take time but also they need to wait for your A-Level results. For art courses, most of them will be conditional as you need to meet the conditions to be accepted such as obtaining the required amount of tariff points, submitting a portfolio of your work or attending an interview. After that, they will make a decision to accept your application or reject you.

Once all unis have made a decision, you can then respond to the unis that have accepted you by choosing your firm and insurance choice. Firm is the uni you want to go the most, and insurance is more of a backup in case you don't get accepted into the firm or you no longer wish to study there. If you haven't received an offer from the other unis then I guess you can contact them or they will make a decision after you submit the portfolio or attend the interview. Your unis have until 18/05/2023 to respond to your application so you don't need to worry about responding to them now. Also I don't think emailing the unis for support on your application will make you accept an offer so you don't need to worry. Hope this helps.
If these are offers sent via UCAS, you shouldn't have any reply deadline until all your choices have made decisions on your application.

What are they actually asking you to do, submit a portfolio or accept the offer?
Providing your portfolio and meeting your offer conditions doesn’t require you to reply to your offers.

Personally I would steer well clear of any university making offers like this.
(edited 1 year ago)
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/replying-offers-–-your-questions-answered This should help you with your question. Unless you want to permanently withdraw an application you won't have the option to accept an offer until all decisions are back and then the deadline for that is June I think. I have two unconditional offers for Fine Art both after the have asked to see my portfolio, I've just had my interview today with my first choice (the others offered after they got the portfolio - I already have my a levels) so I'm waiting on that.From all three unis the request for portfolio and interview booking came direct from the university (the UCAS notification is a courtesy) so check your emails and junk mail. If in doubt contact the admissions department in the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending