The Student Room Group

UCAS qualifications mistake!

Hello everyone. I am a student applying from Ireland and I recently asked UCAS to update my application to add my junior cycle results to it (gcse equivalent). UCAS seems to have gotten confused and they have added leaving cert grades instead. I already had these on my application so now it looks like I have completed the leaving cert in 2020 and willl complete it again this year.

I am terrified that if I send them an email to correct this, they will remove my qualifications altogether. How can I be sure that this time they will be able to differentiate between the correct and incorrect ones.

(I have also emailed the universities but they have not responded yet either)
Email UCAS and tell them the correct qualification to add. Won't change if you don't contact them. Just to ask, why weren't they there upon submitting it? Ideally they should've been.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello all, I'm currently studying the nursing access course and just wanted to know if anyone is currently doing the same
Reply 3
Original post by isabelbelle
Email UCAS and tell them the correct qualification to add. Won't change if you don't contact them. Just to ask, why weren't they there upon submitting it? Ideally they should've been.

Thank You so much for the reply. I have submitted another form on UCAS. They werent there upon submitting because the exams were never held due to covid. Our schools had online exams and gave us results for those. My referee initially told me not to add these but then UCAS told her they should be on there. It is safe to say my application is a little bit screwed now.
@Admit-One any advice for the OP?
In these circumstances I would call UCAS to explain what should be added and the mistake with the first amendment.

It is very unlikely to affect your application outcomes as you have also notified your uni choices directly which is always best practice to do in any case.
Reply 6
Thank you for the help. None of the universities have responded yet and I can not figure out how to contact LSE (although I am sure it is not worth my time) so I really do not know what to expect now. Called UCAS but there was not much they could do on the phone. Just waiting now for the amendments to come into affect on my application.

Original post by Admit-One
In these circumstances I would call UCAS to explain what should be added and the mistake with the first amendment.

It is very unlikely to affect your application outcomes as you have also notified your uni choices directly which is always best practice to do in any case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending