The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP. Forgot to put IELTS as pending in the Education section.

Hi guys, I’m an international student studying at a college in the UK and I just sent my application to UCAS earlier today. I just realised however that I forgot to put IELTS as “pending” in the Education section :smile: I did fill in the TRF Number for an IELTS exam that I took before but is going to expire in May 2022 and universities only accept the results that are still valid after 1/10/2022.
Anyone here made the same mistake and what did you do? I can contact UCAS and ask them to add it but they state on their website that they can’t add modules to a qualification (for IELTS they are S, W, R & L) and they can’t add predicted grade (My international college gives predicted grade for IELTS, they told me to mark it as pending but somehow I thought it was unnecessary, ughhh I hate myself so much right now).
Will this affect my application and how universities assess it? Please help me, I came to the UK with a lot of aspirations and now I’m left traumatised over this one stupid mistake :biggrin:
Don't panic.
They will just add their English Language requirement to any offer they make, and you wll have until August to achieve it.
Original post by rainbowsalmon
Will this affect my application and how universities assess it? Please help me, I came to the UK with a lot of aspirations and now I’m left traumatised over this one stupid mistake :biggrin:

It won't affect the outcome of your application. If you're successful, you can send in evidence of your IELTS at that point.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
It won't affect the outcome of your application. If you're successful, you can send in evidence of your IELTS at that point.

Hi. Just want to ask more about submitting IELTS for 2023 at this stage. I just got passed and I think I'll only get the certificate in early August. How can I submit my IELTS? Should it be the universities or UCAS? Can I just submit the result from the portal first as the TRF number is there? Any advice from anyone?
Original post by VVLAM
Hi. Just want to ask more about submitting IELTS for 2023 at this stage. I just got passed and I think I'll only get the certificate in early August. How can I submit my IELTS? Should it be the universities or UCAS? Can I just submit the result from the portal first as the TRF number is there? Any advice from anyone?

After you've gotten offers then all documents should go directly to the unis, not UCAS.

For IELTS, you'd either upload / email your score report document or provide your TRF for the uni to verify the results online.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
After you've gotten offers then all documents should go directly to the unis, not UCAS.

For IELTS, you'd either upload / email your score report document or provide your TRF for the uni to verify the results online.

Thanks. Just to confirm, so I can just provide the TRF number to the university at the moment since I will only get the certificate n August. Am I right?
Original post by VVLAM
Thanks. Just to confirm, so I can just provide the TRF number to the university at the moment since I will only get the certificate n August. Am I right?

Yes. The uni will let you know if the results aren't available online for any reason. I presume they are confirmed online quicker than your score report is issued.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending