When do you guys have your interviews? Mine is today

mine was last week on Tuesday
Reply 41
Original post by Flippergail

Mines next week
Original post by Flippergail

Hey, I have mine coming up. How was urs? What sort of questions did they ask?
Reply 43
There was nothing unexpected, just be aware that they may ask you about your other interests in engineering. I got asked if I watched any documentaries or videos recently about engineering.

Oh yeah also make sure you know what all the benefits are of becoming an Arkwright scholar and pick what you are most interested in. If they ask, say something about the mentoring or the summer schools because I can't imagine it is a great impression to say you don't not know, or are just interested in the money.

Also also remember not to waffle
Reply 44
(Original post by KWad)When do you guys have your interviews? Mine is today

Original post by KWad
When do you guys have your interviews? Mine is today

Mine is tomorrow.
Original post by KWad
There was nothing unexpected, just be aware that they may ask you about your other interests in engineering. I got asked if I watched any documentaries or videos recently about engineering.

Oh yeah also make sure you know what all the benefits are of becoming an Arkwright scholar and pick what you are most interested in. If they ask, say something about the mentoring or the summer schools because I can't imagine it is a great impression to say you don't not know, or are just interested in the money.
Also also remember not to waffle

So they didn't ask any logic questions like 'how do u find the area of a banana' to see ur way of thinking. Also how focused was the questions on projects and the written application. Did they ask anything about the aptitude test? Sorry, i know I'm asking a lot of questions but it's my first interview and it's kind of nerve wracking
Original post by KWad
Interview over. Went well I think. Good luck to everyone that still has theirs to come.

mines tomorrow- feel like im the only one here who isn't doing coding!!
Reply 47
Original post by heyjulihey
So they didn't ask any logic questions like 'how do u find the area of a banana' to see ur way of thinking. Also how focused was the questions on projects and the written application. Did they ask anything about the aptitude test? Sorry, i know I'm asking a lot of questions but it's my first interview and it's kind of nerve wracking

No, no questions about the aptitude test thankfully. They may ask you to explain certain areas of your project, but they're not going to ask you some random question to check how good you are at maths or something. The focus will be mainly on your project, application and other intersts

Word of advice, learn your applicantion through and through as its effectively all they know about you, and it doesn't look good if you don't know what was on there after they spent half an hour reading through it
All parts of my application or just the project sector?
Also thanks for answering my questions
Reply 49
I’m not doing coding, I’ve got a whole project I’ve built for AQA gcse DT 👍🏻

Original post by 224411
Reply 50
I’ve had mine now, it went so badly I think 😰
oh no!! why did it go bad?
does anyone know results day? had my interview yesterday
Original post by Camey2006
Original post by Camey2006

What went wrong? I'm sure you did fine!
Reply 53
Just got an update today - teachers & students will hear early autumn.
Reply 54
I think I failed as it only lasted 22 minutes for me
Reply 55
also I didn't have any external projects and im not strong in DT being a grade 5 student
Reply 56
Original post by 224411

Hi - I didn't do coding - I built a fan-cooling jacket for dogs to wear on hot/humid days. Think it went alright - questions about my project, interests and why engineering. I've heard they take up to 400 students a year depending on the number of host organisations, but I am not expecting to hear for a while.
Reply 57
Original post by Thomseb
Hi - I didn't do coding - I built a fan-cooling jacket for dogs to wear on hot/humid days. Think it went alright - questions about my project, interests and why engineering. I've heard they take up to 400 students a year depending on the number of host organisations, but I am not expecting to hear for a while.

Damn that actually sounds quite cool
Reply 58
Original post by janer78
Just got an update today - teachers & students will hear early autumn.

Did you get an email?
Reply 59
Original post by KWad
Did you get an email?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest