Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
me too
Original post by KWad
Did you get an email?
Reply 61
Oh yeah I got one on Wednesday, I must have missed it
Reply 62
bit of an odd one but does anyone know any girls who got through to the interview stage?
feels like mostly boys
Reply 63
Original post by 224411
bit of an odd one but does anyone know any girls who got through to the interview stage?
feels like mostly boys

I go to a boys only school so I can't help you there mate
:biggrin:
Reply 64
😂😂
Original post by KWad
Reply 65
Original post by 224411
feels like mostly boys

I don’t talk to any girls 😰

I’m too scared
Reply 66
Original post by Camey2006
I don’t talk to any girls 😰

I’m too scared

:eek:
Reply 67
Original post by KWad

Original post by 224411
feels like mostly boys

i go to an all girls school - the scholarship was only offered to one class of about 20 as far as i know - 5 applied and me and one other girl got to the interview .
Anyone got a clue when the actual results come out? (If you got past the interviews) because I’m DYING over here. I just wanna know 😭 and we have like no information at all AGH
Original post by 224411
feels like mostly boys

I know a girl who got the scholarship last year
Last year it was October, this year they are aiming for last summer

Original post by burnt_t0ast
Anyone got a clue when the actual results come out? (If you got past the interviews) because I’m DYING over here. I just wanna know 😭 and we have like no information at all AGH
Reply 71
They said early autumn in the email I got, so early September? Probably somewhere around the start of the new academic year. I wouldn't think about it too much now though because you'll be stressing about it for months otherwise.
Reply 72
I’ve just been told I’m being awarded the Stockwell award for design and technology, does anyone know if this is related to Arkwright? Or does anyone know what it is?
Original post by Camey2006
I’ve just been told I’m being awarded the Stockwell award for design and technology, does anyone know if this is related to Arkwright? Or does anyone know what it is?

I don’t think it’s related because I’ve never heard of it and my teacher was an Arkwright scholar when she was in school. I googled it but nothing much came up? Try asking in school or something? I mean congratulations for earning it in the first place though!!
Reply 74
I don’t think it’s related because I’ve never heard of it and my teacher was an Arkwright scholar when she was in school. I googled it but nothing much came up? Try asking in school or something? I mean congratulations for earning it in the first place though!!

Same here, nothing came up when I searched for it. It may just be a school internal award (i.e. it is awarded by the school you are in and not an outside body like the Smallpeice Trust, as is the case with the Arkwright Scholarship). Well done anyhow
Reply 75
Also according to this article from 2021, Arkwright results were announced sometime about 8th October which lines up with what Arkwright said in the email about results coming in early Autumn. It's a little bit later than I had initially expected but I reckon thats about the time we should get a reply. Good luck everyone.
Relatively new here but I'm also an applicant. I did some digging based on the given information and they state that they are finding sponsors/mentors until the 31st of August and then afterwards they then choose scholars so I'd say end of September is most likely for confirmation whilst beginning of October is best for the ceremonies because it gives people chance to plan, especially if they have far to travel.
Reply 77
Maybe. I guess we will know when we will know.
Yes, it's all just a waiting game at the minute but good luck
Chiming in so I get a notification if any one else hears, as am eagerly waiting for news as well. I’m a girl btw, to answer the Q above 😀
Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest