The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarship 2023

Scroll to see replies

Good luck
Reply 81
Original post by DrakeTheSnake73
Relatively new here but I'm also an applicant. I did some digging based on the given information and they state that they are finding sponsors/mentors until the 31st of August and then afterwards they then choose scholars so I'd say end of September is most likely for confirmation whilst beginning of October is best for the ceremonies because it gives people chance to plan, especially if they have far to travel.

Results on the 18th!!! Good shout mate
Yes, I've just received the email. Good luck everyone!!
Reply 83
I got an email saying it’s on the 18th btw incase anyone didn’t know.

Good luck to all of you 👍🏻
Good luck everybody!
Reply 85
💀💀 I thought they would release it at midnight, so I stayed up. But it’s 9:30 and it’s still not our 😭
It will probably be mid day they release it, somewhere around there. I'd say latest 1700, end of the working day.
Reply 87
Original post by Nobudz
💀💀 I thought they would release it at midnight, so I stayed up. But it’s 9:30 and it’s still not our 😭

I don't think anybody emails in the middle of the night. Its usually during the working day or in the evening
Good luck for today everyone ❤️

Results aren’t out yet at it’s 1:00pm?!
(edited 7 months ago)
I'd say we'll all have heard by 1700 at the latest because that is the typical end of the working day. Best of luck to everyone.
Reply 90
i got in !! how has everyone else done ? just remember even if u didn’t get it you’ve done really well and this is really valuable experience and can be put on cvs !!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 91
Original post by tearock
i got in !! how has everyone else done ? just remember even if u didn’t get it you’ve done really well and this is really valuable experience and can be put on cvs !!

Congratulations, well done 👍🏻

I'm still anxiously waiting on a response
Reply 92
Original post by Camey2006
Congratulations, well done 👍🏻

I'm still anxiously waiting on a response

Just got a response, I didn’t get it unfortunately
Original post by tearock

I got it too!!!! Well done to absolutely everyone, whether you got it or not! Just getting past the first stage isn’t that easy!!!

Are you going to the Edinburgh or the London ceremony? (Just out of curiosity)
I got it too!!! I'm going to go to the London one as that's just the one that's closest to me, not sure what date though.

Are we allowed to discuss which companies are sponsoring us?

Well done for getting through the interview stage, most people don't get that far!
Reply 95
Well done everyone who went through the process. Your project & interview experience would be very valuable to you all next year.

My son has secured a scholarship too, really proud of him.
Original post by student458909
I got it too!!! I'm going to go to the London one as that's just the one that's closest to me, not sure what date though.

Are we allowed to discuss which companies are sponsoring us?

Well done for getting through the interview stage, most people don't get that far!

I’m going to the London one I think it’s on the 27th of October. I’m not sure we can discuss the companies so it’s probably better if we don’t say names or anything. I got a company local to me (I didn’t even know they existed) but they’re not a new company so hopefully it’ll be good!
Original post by burnt_t0ast
I’m going to the London one I think it’s on the 27th of October. I’m not sure we can discuss the companies so it’s probably better if we don’t say names or anything. I got a company local to me (I didn’t even know they existed) but they’re not a new company so hopefully it’ll be good!

Hello everyone! I got the scholarship but my email address literally shut down today so I didn’t get an email; I had to ask a teacher.
While I wait on an email to a new address, is there any important info included in the email; I’d probably be going to the Edinburgh ceremony?
Original post by coffeecroissant
Hello everyone! I got the scholarship but my email address literally shut down today so I didn’t get an email; I had to ask a teacher.
While I wait on an email to a new address, is there any important info included in the email; I’d probably be going to the Edinburgh ceremony?

Yes 100%

your sponsor company and loads of like forms and stuff that are due by 25th September are in there. Try emailing Arkwright? If you don’t have your email before then. There’s a form for the ceremony as well.
Reply 99
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for the Arkwright Scholarship 2024. I'm preparing my application, same time, I want to prepare for the written test. I see most of you got the scholarship so can guide me on how I can prepare for the test. I'm NOT studying Design and Technology so not sure if some resources are there to help me prepare for the exam.

Please advise!

Quick Reply

Latest