The Student Room Group

University Adjustment

Hi there, I am around 4 months away from my A Level exams, and my predicted grades are A*AB, applying for Economics. I believe my teachers were very unreasonable in my predicted grades, and I definitely believe I can get A*A*A. This made me wonder what I should do if this is the case, if I get A*A*A ? Is there anyway after results day, I can get into a better university with the higher entry requirements that I couldn’t apply for before. Does Adjustment still exist ? If so, what high ranking universities take part in this ? If not, is there an alternative to adjustment, when you get higher grades than predicted. Thank you very much.
Original post by DarrenB8
Hi there, I am around 4 months away from my A Level exams, and my predicted grades are A*AB, applying for Economics. I believe my teachers were very unreasonable in my predicted grades, and I definitely believe I can get A*A*A. This made me wonder what I should do if this is the case, if I get A*A*A ? Is there anyway after results day, I can get into a better university with the higher entry requirements that I couldn’t apply for before. Does Adjustment still exist ? If so, what high ranking universities take part in this ? If not, is there an alternative to adjustment, when you get higher grades than predicted. Thank you very much.

Adjustment hasn't been a thing for a couple of years now. You can achieve the same outcome via Clearing, but just like Adjustment it will depend on the unis having space on the course and wanting to consider you. It's not really possible to predict what might be available, but the higher ranking a course is, the less likely they will have spaces available.

A worst case scenario would be taking a year out and applying with achieved grades for Sept 2024 entry.
Adjustment ceased about a year ago so isnt an option. If you wanted to go elsewhere you would need to apply through clearing. It is very unlikely you will get a university offering A*A*A in clearing. As an example there were only a few RG universities in clearing for Economics last year and they didnt include places like LSE, UCL, Durham etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending