The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer

Got an unconditional offer by a sixth form, can someone explain in depth what it is and what happens if I don’t get good enough grades in summer will they still accept me if I accepted their unconditional?
Reply 1
Original post by towerss
Got an unconditional offer by a sixth form, can someone explain in depth what it is and what happens if I don’t get good enough grades in summer will they still accept me if I accepted their unconditional?

An unconditional is just that! There are no grade requirements. They will take you however well or badly you do in your exams. However, don’t slack off because of this offer. You may well need good GCSE grades later on when applying to universities.
Original post by towerss

Hi @towerss,

I see @Euapp has already answered your question, but I thought I'd just add a small detail. In contrast to the unconditional offer you received, you could have received a 'conditional offer' which would mean that you would have to meet the conditions in order to get the offer. These conditions might be things like getting certain grades or providing evidence of your current qualifications. This is not something you have to worry about as you have an unconditional offer. But I thought you and others might like to know the difference between the two types of offer.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending