The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Veterinary Medicine April 2024 Offer holders/Applicants

Hello everyone!

I was looking around for threads for Nottingham April cohort offer holders for 2024 entry, and thought I'd make one

I'm a y13 student with an ABB conditional offer.

Ive already gotten to try chatting with a few other offer holders (I'm just so excited- even if it is a whole year away!) and I'd love to meet many more.

I look forward to meeting you all next year!

- ghostie :hoppy:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi i am also a year 13 student with an offer for the April cohort at Nottingham !
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Yoooo same!! Honestly pretty excited about it, are you guys going up for the offer holder day?
Reply 3
Original post by qwe123131
Yoooo same!! Honestly pretty excited about it, are you guys going up for the offer holder day?

I've not had an email about it when is it ? I defo will go
Original post by Abis157
I've not had an email about it when is it ? I defo will go

Mines on the 15th of March, tbh it was in my junk folder so you've probably just got one kicking around in there.
Reply 5
Mines on the 15th of March, tbh it was in my junk folder so you've probably just got one kicking around in there.

ive probably deleted it oops. Ill email Vanessa if i dont get one soon
Hi I’m a year 13 standard applicant with an AAB conditional offer for April cohort. Well done to everyone who got an offer !!

Yes I am! :biggrin: the march one
Hi guys! Thought i would pop on here and say that i am a current 3rd year April vet so let me know if you have any questions
Reply 9
Original post by flamingolover
Hi guys! Thought i would pop on here and say that i am a current 3rd year April vet so let me know if you have any questions

Hi, I was wondering how often people get moved to the September cohort after being placed in the April one? My offer is April 2024 but I asked Vanessa for Sept 2023 and she said “I’ll be considered for the move up to and on Alevel results day”. I have other offers to choose from but I’d rather choose Nottingham in September. I have already had a gap year and a friend starting Nottingham VetMed in September so I’d rather start in sept.
Reply 10
Original post by ebenG
Hi, I was wondering how often people get moved to the September cohort after being placed in the April one? My offer is April 2024 but I asked Vanessa for Sept 2023 and she said “I’ll be considered for the move up to and on Alevel results day”. I have other offers to choose from but I’d rather choose Nottingham in September. I have already had a gap year and a friend starting Nottingham VetMed in September so I’d rather start in sept.

Hi; I know I wasn’t asked, but thought I’d let you know that in the April offers chat, a third of us just got moved over to September start recently; maybe 6-7 people? Not entirely sure, but it was a lot at once for such a small gc haha :biggrin: my guess is that whoever asked first/does competitive sports got priority for first come first serve, but since they can’t move everyone they do just have to wait and see now for who all meets grades for the Sept. offers :redface:
Original post by ebenG

I do know that it happens and it isn't super common but its a possibility. So Vanessa will be waiting to see if some people don't hit their grades or if people choose other universities to Nottingham so it is a possibility. As far as I am aware they tend to prioritise students with clear reasons to change cohort such as competitive sport. All that being said, there is no guarantee that you will be changed so that is a risk you have to take.

Nottingham is a great vet school and the campus is lovely. There are positives and negatives to April but i wouldn't completely discount it. It is fun to be on campus over the summer!
Reply 12
Hi everyone, I'm also a yr13 student with an offer due to start VetMed in April 2024. Does anyone know how to arrange payment with student finance for April? I have already had my application approved but it says they'll start paying in September, even though I won't actually start my course until 7 months later and I don't want to accumulate extra interest on my loan. If anyone has any advice or info on how to sort it out I would be very grateful thanks :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by alisa_512
Hi everyone, I'm also a yr13 student with an offer due to start VetMed in April 2024. Does anyone know how to arrange payment with student finance for April? I have already had my application approved but it says they'll start paying in September, even though I won't actually start my course until 7 months later and I don't want to accumulate extra interest on my loan. If anyone has any advice or info on how to sort it out I would be very grateful thanks :smile:

I’d recommend just giving them a call- apparently there’s a separate course code we were supposed to use for April start. (I didn’t find this out until I’d already applied, so I’ll have to call them too when my evidence is approved)

the customer service was prompt and polite, so if you just explain you put down the wrong course code they can sort that out for you no bother- just be prepared to be on hold a while due to high volumes of calls :tongue:
Original post by flamingolover

Hi there! I have an April 24 offer and wanted to ask about life on SB campus.

Do most April vets live there?
What's the atmosphere like at the weekends (do most people stay around or go into the city)?
Do most people tend to have their own form of transport?
What are the main positives and negatives of the April Cohort?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there! I have an April 24 offer and wanted to ask about life on SB campus.

Do most April vets live there?
What's the atmosphere like at the weekends (do most people stay around or go into the city)?
Do most people tend to have their own form of transport?
What are the main positives and negatives of the April Cohort?

Thank you :smile:

Most vets live in Kegworth. It is the same distance from campus (pretty much) as SB is and has a free bus. Quite a few stay on campus.

It’s a mix of both. In first year a lot of people definitely go out so if you find a group of people who liked going out then you’ll go out a lot. I happened to make friends with a lot of quiet people orators student so they don’t tend to go out much so if we do it’s generally to the village pubs.

A lot of people have cars but a lot also don’t. I think for rotations (5th year) access to a vehicle will be pretty important especially for night shifts but you can work around it. There is a free bus from campus to kegworth and from campus to main campus and the tram stop that gets you into nottingham.

Pros of April cohort:
easier to get competitive placements in the holidays
Really fun to be with uni friends in the summer

Cons of April cohort:
Mainly mix with vets so when everyone is stressed it’s not great
Harder to find a house
Dates don’t line up with home friends holidays
freshers week it’s as good
Reply 16
Hello! I'm an offer holder for the April 2024 cohort at UoN too!! Very excited to start and to get to meet you all! I'm a mature student (BSc Biovet Sci grad and MSc Cancer grad). I know my situation is a bit different to the rest but would love to be added to the gc too 😊
Only 9 months to go!
Original post by Blahajbites
Hello everyone!

I was looking around for threads for Nottingham April cohort offer holders for 2024 entry, and thought I'd make one

I'm a y13 student with an ABB conditional offer.

Ive already gotten to try chatting with a few other offer holders (I'm just so excited- even if it is a whole year away!) and I'd love to meet many more.

I look forward to meeting you all next year!

- ghostie :hoppy:

hiiii, im applying in October, how did you best prepare for the SJT
Original post by LILLY_2022

I'm a current 3rd year april vet. I just did online SJT practice. They are to judge your situational reasoning so they dont need to be vet related. Normal ones, vet ones and medical ones will all help.
Reply 19
Original post by LILLY_2022

Heyo!

I didn't study for it, just sat it and thought hard about each question like it's intended, and it went fine. The key is to not overstress or overthink it- it's really not that difficult, and by studying for it you could risk winding yourself up about it and ruining your focus/cool during it. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending