The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Veterinary Medicine April 2024 Offer holders/Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer for nottingham at the start of the week for 2025. I also received an email asking me whether I would like to be moved to start as part of the april 2024 cohort since I'm a unconditional offer holder.
If anyone could help me answer my questions, I would really appreciate it :smile:

How does getting accom work for the april start (do you apply like everyone else but select a different time, do you have to pay for extra weeks etc)?
Is there a way to find out if accom is still available other than emailing to ask? (since I'm not sure if they will be able to get back to me in time)
Do loans come in fast enough to pay for everything in april (considering there's only 2 months left)?

Not sure if I'll go with the 2024 offer yet but knowing this would be very useful :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by CarpalToad
I got an offer for nottingham at the start of the week for 2025. I also received an email asking me whether I would like to be moved to start as part of the april 2024 cohort since I'm a unconditional offer holder.
If anyone could help me answer my questions, I would really appreciate it :smile:

How does getting accom work for the april start (do you apply like everyone else but select a different time, do you have to pay for extra weeks etc)?
Is there a way to find out if account is still available other than emailing to ask? (since I'm not sure if they will be able to get back to me in time)
Do loans come in fast enough to pay for everything in april (considering there's only 2 months left)?

Heya! Wow that’s crazy I didn’t know they could move you forward a year/ cohort. April peeps apply in October and this year there was only standard en-suites and standard room (shared bathroom) left but since it’s now January I’m not sure what there is. I think you actually pay for less weeks so less money yay! (think it’s 37 weeks maybe). Pretty sure you fill in a form on the Notts website for accommodation.
LINK: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/options/aprilvets.aspx

Afterwards you register with campus living villages if you want to live on campus (you don’t have to). People then just get told what to do by that company.

The money going to the government (9,250) you don’t have to deal with. The maintenance loan comes into your bank at like near the start of April I think which works amazing with the term dates. just make sure you are all set up with student finance on the government website
Reply 42
Original post by CarpalToad

Is there a way to find out if accom is still available other than emailing to ask? (since I'm not sure if they will be able to get back to me in time)

Not sure if I'll go with the 2024 offer yet but knowing this would be very useful :smile:

About whether accommodation is still available, you can contact them via this email - [email protected] and yes when you apply for the accommodation just let them know when your offer to start your course is and then they can give a lease which is suitable for you (the lease tends to start at the end of March for April Vet Students). Hope that helps!
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous #3
If you are doing vet med you are not on the main campus in the city! You are maybe 25 mins (more maybe depending on traffic etc) away from the main campus and instead are in a very small village “in the middle of no where”. Campus in Sutton Bonnington has security 24/7 and due to it being a small village you’re much less likely going to be unsafe. I know that I feel extremely safe there!! You’re are actually closer to Loughborough when at Sutton Bonnington! I’d you are not doing vet med or actually want to stay on main campus and commute in everyday (don’t recommend, but obviously it is up to you, as there could be issues with transport getting you into lectures, practicals etc and SB has a community which as a vet student is really great). Sutton Bonnington is great, very peaceful so do bare that in mind. I also do not know anyone who hasn’t enjoyed there time here.

I am wondering if Nottingham accept anything less than the standard offer on results day. The offer is AAB I can see some slightly lower offers so wondering if there is any slippage
Original post by Jo007
I am wondering if Nottingham accept anything less than the standard offer on results day. The offer is AAB I can see some slightly lower offers so wondering if there is any slippage

To be honest not too sure! I have a feeling for April the last couple of years they have been a little lenient (eg the B could be in chemistry and the As in bio and your chosen subject)! And it has also gone into clearing too (not September tho). Defo don’t rely on leniency as it really depends on the whole country. Have it engraved in your brain that you NEED A in bio A in chem and B in other subject just to make sure you don’t accidentally lose academic motivation to get the best grades you can. If you see any lower offers on the website it’s usually due to gateway, prelim etc where you have to qualify for contextual grades. It is for sure not easy to get in but that’s what makes it so rewarding!! Remember we all believe in you
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous #3
To be honest not too sure! I have a feeling for April the last couple of years they have been a little lenient (eg the B could be in chemistry and the As in bio and your chosen subject)! And it has also gone into clearing too (not September tho). Defo don’t rely on leniency as it really depends on the whole country. Have it engraved in your brain that you NEED A in bio A in chem and B in other subject just to make sure you don’t accidentally lose academic motivation to get the best grades you can. If you see any lower offers on the website it’s usually due to gateway, prelim etc where you have to qualify for contextual grades. It is for sure not easy to get in but that’s what makes it so rewarding!! Remember we all believe in you

Thankyou
Reply 46
Original post by flamingolover
I can’t quite remember but I think it was like the week before so it was a quite late. We did all get £300 to spend on electronics but I don’t know if they are still doing this

Hello Was the £300 from the uni itself ?
Reply 47
Original post by Jo007

My offer is ABB
Reply 48
Original post by Imyyy
My offer is ABB

I’m guessing that you have some contextual data.
Reply 49
Original post by Euapp

I’m guessing that you have some contextual data.

No none at all! I thought it was a mistake 😭
Reply 50
Original post by Imyyy
My offer is ABB

I think the standard offer is AAB for Nottingham. Maybe there was a contextual consideration
Reply 51
Original post by Imyyy
No none at all! I thought it was a mistake 😭

Maybe it’s the school data for progression to higher education
Reply 52
Original post by Jo007

Maybe it’s the school data for progression to higher education

What does that mean exactly?
Reply 53
Original post by Imyyy
What does that mean exactly?

If the number of students progressing to uni is below the national average some unis will
Offer a grade reduction.
Reply 54
Original post by Jo007

If the number of students progressing to uni is below the national average some unis will
Offer a grade reduction.

Oh I see- I doubt it as most ppl in my school go uni but maybe that’s why
Reply 55
Original post by Imyyy
Oh I see- I doubt it as most ppl in my school go uni but maybe that’s why

There will be a list of contextual criteria on the website. It can be the postcode of the school if your parents went to uni. If you have caring responsibilities
Original post by Jo007
Hello Was the £300 from the uni itself ?

Yes it was
got an offer for sept 2024 aab
Reply 58
Does anyone know if you have to pay to park on site at SB
Original post by Jo007
Does anyone know if you have to pay to park on site at SB

You do. The visitors car parks use ringo. The sportscentre has 2 hours free parking I believe but thisinformation is on ringo. Student car parks require apermit. On the first Wednesday of every monthparking is free due to the farmers market

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending