Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Veterinary Medicine April 2024 Offer holders/Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by flamingolover
You do. The visitors car parks use ringo. The sports centre has 2 hours free parking I believe but this information is on ringo. Student car parks require a permit. On the first Wednesday of every month parking is free due to the farmers market

Ok thanks I thought it might be included with halls fees ? Do you know how much ish the parking is thanks
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Jo007
Ok thanks I thought it might be included with halls fees ? Do you know how much ish the parking is thanks

No it’s not included (at least it wasn’t when I was in halls 3 years ago). The price depends on your car and emissions. I personally haven’t bought a parking permit before but will this year and I’m expecting it to be around £200 but this could be different as it’s car dependant

Edit: this is the information and pricing you need

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/estates/security/carparking/student-parking.aspx
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 62
No it’s not included (at least it wasn’t when I was in halls 3 years ago). The price depends on your car and emissions. I personally haven’t bought a parking permit before but will this year and I’m expecting it to be around £200 but this could be different as it’s car dependant

Edit: this is the information and pricing you need

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/estates/security/carparking/student-parking.aspx

Thankyou I think it says you cannot have a permit if you are in halls. My daughter is hoping to use the car to pop home at weekends sometimes and go to the shops etc so that’s not very helpful. I feel sure at the open day the students had cars on site
Original post by Jo007
Thankyou I think it says you cannot have a permit if you are in halls. My daughter is hoping to use the car to pop home at weekends sometimes and go to the shops etc so that’s not very helpful. I feel sure at the open day the students had cars on site

You can’t have a car in halls on main campus. The paragraph below says all SB students qualify for a parking permit so you can get a parking permit in halls on SB. Students absolutely have cars on campus.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 64
You can’t have a car in halls on main campus. The paragraph below says all SB students qualify for a parking permit so you can get a parking permit in halls on SB. Students absolutely have cars on campus.

That’s great Thankyou I probably didn’t read it thoroughly
Has anyone managed to get to their tuition fees set up and sorted yet or not? If so, how do I go about doing so?
Original post by Jo007
Does anyone know if you have to pay to park on site at SB
My daughter is there at the moment. She has a car and applied for a permit which was granted. It cost £47 for the academic year (it expires at the end of August 2024) and she is allowed to park in the Orange zone. There is always plenty of parking near the halls of residence. Hope this helps
Reply 67
Original post by happyplace11
My daughter is there at the moment. She has a car and applied for a permit which was granted. It cost £47 for the academic year (it expires at the end of August 2024) and she is allowed to park in the Orange zone. There is always plenty of parking near the halls of residence. Hope this helps
Thanks. Is the orange zone close to the halls. Can you park on site when visiting ?
Original post by Jo007
Thanks. Is the orange zone close to the halls. Can you park on site when visiting ?
Yes they give you a map and it indicates where you can park. She's in block M and can park right next to it. In terms of visiting I'm not sure. They are pretty chilled about her boyfriend visiting. I think she just lets them know he's coming and how long for (and he brings his car)
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi, I have an offer for April 2025 and was just wondering how likely it would be to change it to September 2024? x
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi, I have an offer for April 2025 and was just wondering how likely it would be to change it to September 2024? x

Hiya, you have to email to let them know that you would like to have it noted on your ‘application’ that you want to move, but there is by no means a guarantee. It depends so much on the grades awarded this year and spaces filled up. There are people that have moved I know there were last year, but there is no guarantee and no way of knowing you can move until results day I believe (maybe if there were special circumstances for you it would be different but I don’t know). If you are not super bothered and it is just because you want to be in September because it’s more normal etc than I genuinely wouldn’t bother/worry about it because April cohort is amazing for so many reasons! Plus you get a mini gap year before you start to earn money, travel or just enjoy your home life before you leave for uni. Also, especially as you won’t know you have moved until results day, it’s a really short amount of time to get prepared and also accommodation is a nightmare having to sort out if you swap all of a sudden to September and you will only have a few weeks to get everything in order. It’s all a bit of a faff. If you want to ask to swap then do it but in my eyes you’ve been given April for a reason and you will have the best time. You’re super lucky to get a place at vet school so just enjoy it ❤️ hope this helps
Original post by Jo007

That depends on what halls you are in! The orange zone need A and C are right next to halls. Mine was like a 5 minute walk and there is another orange zone near the halls on the other side of campus. Honestly the campus is pretty small so nothing is too far from anything
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #4

That depends on if you have a reason. If it’s something like competitive sport then you have a pretty good chance if it’s just because you don’t want to be April you can try but it’s less likely
I know everyone must be getting ready to move in soon! Hope you are all excited! If anyone has any questions or needs any help let me know. I should be running a stall at freshers fair and I hope to see you all there!
I've got an offer for April 2025 I'm mostly likely going to accept. Is there anything different I'll be having to do in terms of sorting out finance/accom/documents for April or is everything done by the normal (September) deadlines? (Asking to make sure, since the info I read from the uni seems like it's all the same as Sept deadlines :smile:)

I've also heard other unis require you to do additional work experience within the first year of starting (but after accepting their offer), is there anything like that at nottingham which I can do before I start? - I haven't found anything about it but there is so much info, I'm worried I'm missing it
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 75
I am wondering if there is a thread for April 25 offers
Original post by Jo007

I’ve assumed it’s this one ? I might be wrong though
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve assumed it’s this one ? I might be wrong though
This is april 2024 offers
Original post by Jo007

Feel free to make one!
Hi,
I currently have an offer for April 2025 start and was just wondering how the student finance for April start works. Do you just fill out the form as if you are starting in September? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending