The Student Room Group

Big 4- Duplicate Application

Hey

I’m in a bit of a sticky situation- I applied to one if the Big 4 for a summer internship and got offered the role. However, I forgot that in September/ October, I had already applied to this corporation for a different role… (And was rejected). This was an honest mistake as I had applied to 100+ internship programmes, and I was going through so many assessments every single day.

Anyway, in January/December I did an application for the same firm, and got offered a place. Now, I accepted the offer, however they called me saying that they may withdraw my offer based on my chain of events. I told them that it was an honest mistake and that I genuinely had forgotten etc. But then they asked me why my email address was different, and I explained how I wanted everything academic/job related in my uni email address, and so I started sending job applications from there (rather than my personal one).

What do you guys think?
Seems like an honest enough mistake, especially as it was for a different role.

Do they have a policy about only applying once per year/cycle or something?
Yes, one application each 6 months. :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
Seems like an honest enough mistake, especially as it was for a different role.

Do they have a policy about only applying once per year/cycle or something?
You think it should be ok?
Anyone else have any other thoughts? Ahahah
Sorry for the delay, you may have heard back by now!

If not, unfortunately I can't really advise either way as I don't work in recruitment, (well, only for Higher Ed courses, not as an employer). It's really down to how strictly they want to enforce their own policy, but hopefully if they've already gone through the selection process they'll let it slip.
They withdrew the offer

Original post by Admit-One
Sorry for the delay, you may have heard back by now!

If not, unfortunately I can't really advise either way as I don't work in recruitment, (well, only for Higher Ed courses, not as an employer). It's really down to how strictly they want to enforce their own policy, but hopefully if they've already gone through the selection process they'll let it slip.
Original post by gamer11223344
They withdrew the offer

I’m sorry to hear that. Whilst they were following the letter of their policy, it seems a little OTT. Try and take positives away that you’re familiar with the recruitment process and are a very credible candidate. I hope you sort another job out soon.
Original post by cutu1233
Hi, So I am in a somewhat similar situation. Can you please tell which big 4 is it?

Let me PM you…
Original post by gamer11223344
Let me PM you…

Its been a while but I just wanted to know how long it took for them to withdraw? I did what you did last year but waited 6 months for my current application so I'm hoping it wont be affected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending