The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

pathway to bath

What was it like doing the programme? How hard was it. Was it fun. Basically, i would like to know the whole experience.
Hello Rainyzack!

Sorry to see you have not received a reply to your post yet great to hear you are interested in Pathways.

To answer your question, Pathways is essentially an 11-month blended learning programme designed to give you a good idea of what its like to study at University as an undergraduate. For the first 4 months you will be supported through online learning modules and regular live sessions with academic staff to complete an undergraduate-level research project in a subject of your choice, which is designed t mirror the sort of work you would do as an undergraduate. In June-July time you’ll be invited to a free 3-night summer school where you’ll get the chance to stay in university accommodation, learn a bit more about university life (beyond the work, that is!) and take part in great social activities (ultimate frisbee with Student Ambassadors, swimming in the Sports Training Village pool, evening visits to the town centre and/or lecture theatre football screenings!). Quite a few students find this the most fun part of the experience because by this point you will be well into your research projects and have the chance to spend time getting to know Bath Uni ‘in the flesh’ alongside your peers from the programme and our Ambassadors.

After the residential and your final projects are in, the staff will support you with your ucas application through sessions on personal statements, and what makes a competitive application wherever it is you decide to apply for university 😊

After completing the programme you may be eligible for a reduced offer if you choose to apply to Bath, although what this will look like will vary by course.

Please visit our Pathways page to find out a little bit more info about the programme the 2.5 minute video will give you a really nice overview of what Pathways is like from the students’ and staff perspective. One of our current students Jasmine has also written a blog about her own experience of Pathways which might be useful to look at.

If after scrolling through these you still have questions then please do email the Pathways Team: [email protected] they’re extremely friendly and will happily answer anything you need more info on.

Good luck Rainyzack I hope this helps 😊

Holly
University of Bath
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
These sort of experiences are REALLY worth doing.
They help with 'academic enrichment', give you motivation for A levels etc and will help with your self-confidence/making friends etc. And its fun - so go for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Rainyzack
What was it like doing the programme? How hard was it. Was it fun. Basically, i would like to know the whole experience.

Hey! I'm currently participating in the pathway to bath chemistry project and I can tell you it really is a load of fun! (probably because im just a nerd :tongue:)

We're being taught by a PhD student and all of the lectures/lessons are incredibly interesting and definitely give you a head-start in the subject you want to study for undergraduate as well as improving/learning any applicable skills in your field (in my case; writing reports & research papers and independent research skills)

The lower grade boundary is also very nice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Juulius
Hey! I'm currently participating in the pathway to bath chemistry project and I can tell you it really is a load of fun! (probably because im just a nerd :tongue:)

We're being taught by a PhD student and all of the lectures/lessons are incredibly interesting and definitely give you a head-start in the subject you want to study for undergraduate as well as improving/learning any applicable skills in your field (in my case; writing reports & research papers and independent research skills)

The lower grade boundary is also very nice :smile:

Yea I just started it as well for CS. And it’s is definitely fun. Plus the stuff u learn is useful to learn for uni.
Original post by Rainyzack
Yea I just started it as well for CS. And it’s is definitely fun. Plus the stuff u learn is useful to learn for uni.

Hi currently in year 12 and have just got into the pathway to bath cohort for 2024. Can I ask what kind of stuff the CS project entails and more details abt the residential. Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi currently in year 12 and have just got into the pathway to bath cohort for 2024. Can I ask what kind of stuff the CS project entails and more details abt the residential. Thanks

For me it kind of felt like a mini EPQ more or less. They basically have u do a research project to solve a question that they give u to do. Every week we basically had a online lesson to help us with or project and other things as well. They also give u someone from the university to basically help you out. The residential you basically spend around a week at the university. Imo opinion i definitely found it fun and enjoyed pathway to bath. When u start they give you a more in detail rundown so you shouldn't worry about it for now.

Quick Reply

Latest