The Student Room Group

Friends

I left my friend group over a year ago. They’ve become closer and now I want to become friends again. How do I do this?
Original post by Anonymous
I left my friend group over a year ago. They’ve become closer and now I want to become friends again. How do I do this?

Friend group? By the sound of it like on social media right?
Original post by Mohammed_80
Friend group? By the sound of it like on social media right?

No real life
Reply 3

why what did they do
same with me but l love my new friendship group rn
Reply 4
why what did they do
same with me but l love my new friendship group rn

They didn’t do anything. I have social anxiety and so I pushed them all away and kept a distance from them. And eventually when there a slight disagreement I could t handle it and cut them all off. Now I have tried to make amends. It is getting better but still like it’s not 100% there. So I do go out with the girls here and there and I am super close with one of the girls. But for example one of the others girls had an event for her cousins wedding and invited all the others except me. I get it like I am not super super close to you but there’s no problem between us and if you really wanted to you could have invited me right. I also get it you might be more comfortable inviting since there’s already a group chat with the other girls that’s more active etc and it’s been a while. But I know for me now like if I wanted more friends I would actually go out of my way to invite. It’s starting to build some resentment towards this girl. Do you think this is only natural since it has been so long since I cut them off and have become friends with them or do you think this is a lost cause?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending