The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow law 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was given a conditional offer with no conditions a month ago. It just said subject to obtaining satisfactory LNAT score and I was asked to upload my score on self service by end of July. Going to their Summer school is also recommended, I am contextual and have already met the academic marks. I uploaded my score straight away (which was only 16) and have not heard anything since.

I forgot to add my ucas number with pearson vue when I sat the test, but did tell them I was applying to UoG and gave permission for them to share my score with them - so not sure if the university had it when offer was made.

I am really worried I'm going to get a rejected soon :frown: Was anyone else asked to upload their score or is in this same position?

I got asked to upload my score but mine was definitely linked to my ucas so it was a bit weird . It didn’t say a date when I had to upload by either
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Future-ellewoods
I got asked to upload my score but mine was definitely linked to my ucas so it was a bit weird . It didn’t say a date when I had to upload by either

Thanks for your reply. I agree it is weird. Will just need to hang on in there to see if my conditional changes to an unconditional or a rejection. Just feel my offer isn't really an offer with no academic conditions to meet and a satisfactory LNAT, when they most likely already had my LNAT before making the offer.
Thanks for your reply. I agree it is weird. Will just need to hang on in there to see if my conditional changes to an unconditional or a rejection. Just feel my offer isn't really an offer with no academic conditions to meet and a satisfactory LNAT, when they most likely already had my LNAT before making the offer.

Yea that is strange , you should maybe contact them to ask about satisfactory scores ? Someone on here said they heard of someone with a LNAT score of 11 getting accepted but I think the average is around 21 . Do you have any back ups ?
I’m sure youl hear back soon , I applied on the 5th of January so many there doing it in order . I got rejected from Cali and Strathclyde so I was panicking

My two friends that received their offers on the same day started to think it was being done alphabetically because their initials are so close but it's been a while so i'm not sure... I only applied to strathclyde and glasgow so it all rides on this since strathclyde seem to have rejected all the swap applicants this year yet again, they need to just remove it from the progression routes already its a waste of a ucas place!
Original post by kirstynnnx
My two friends that received their offers on the same day started to think it was being done alphabetically because their initials are so close but it's been a while so i'm not sure... I only applied to strathclyde and glasgow so it all rides on this since strathclyde seem to have rejected all the swap applicants this year yet again, they need to just remove it from the progression routes already its a waste of a ucas place!

Possibly alphabetical . I’m sure you will hear soon since we got the same LNAT score . Do you know your predicted swap grades ? They kinda hinted about ours . I’m not sure if the guidance added it as part of the application. Iv been accepted to Stirling as well , rejected from Cali so I’m firming Glasgow n making Stirling my backup
(edited 1 year ago)
Possibly alphabetical . I’m sure you will hear soon since we got the same LNAT score . Do you know your predicted swap grades ? They kinda hinted about ours . I’m not sure if the guidance added it as part of the application. Iv been accepted to Stirling as well , rejected from Cali so I’m firming Glasgow n making Stirling my backup

I'm currently sitting at AAA, we got our predictions in January and we'll get our final profile next month, i'm annoyed that we didn't get to see our references I know people in other courses that were allowed to read theirs.
Original post by kirstynnnx
I'm currently sitting at AAA, we got our predictions in January and we'll get our final profile next month, i'm annoyed that we didn't get to see our references I know people in other courses that were allowed to read theirs.

That’s weird why did they not let you hear your reference ? We all heard ours on my course . We don’t officially know the profile grades tho it was just hinted at
Reply 27
Is anyone on this thread due to start/accepted an offer for Common Law LLB?
Hi, I got a conditional offer about three weeks ago. I already accepted it and met the conditions, waiting to hear back from the uni!
The same thing happened to me, I got lower on my lnat (14) so I was surprised that I even got an offer but they just asked me for a satisfactory lnat score not to upload it to anywhere, however I included my UCAS ID in my lnat thing. I contacted admissions earlier on and they said they are yet to look at lnat results so cannot confirm whether or not they have received mine or not. Now I am a bit confused as they should have been able to see my score since January when I sat it and then I received my offer in March. Not really sure on what to do as I chose glasgow as my firm and surely they can’t purely reject us on a slightly lower lnat score when they have given us an offer already?
I don’t think it’s fair if they give a offer then take it away when they look at the LNAT scores , I heard the LNAT average for Glasgow is around 22 so I’m surprised at a offer with 14 tho
The same thing happened to me, I got lower on my lnat (14) so I was surprised that I even got an offer but they just asked me for a satisfactory lnat score not to upload it to anywhere, however I included my UCAS ID in my lnat thing. I contacted admissions earlier on and they said they are yet to look at lnat results so cannot confirm whether or not they have received mine or not. Now I am a bit confused as they should have been able to see my score since January when I sat it and then I received my offer in March. Not really sure on what to do as I chose glasgow as my firm and surely they can’t purely reject us on a slightly lower lnat score when they have given us an offer already?

All seems a bit disorganised? Was the condition of the offer a satisfactory LNAT score? I presumed they would have had access to these .

Might be that they write the "satisfactory lnat score" line on all offers, no matter what your score is. Are you widening participation where they maybe allow a lower than the average score? Would have thought if they had your score in Jan and offered you a place in March, it would have already been checked. Would not make sense to give you an offer and then take it away, because they later decide it is not satisfactory, if they had access to it all along. Esp when so many people have not had any reply from them still. Where you given any other conditions?
(edited 1 year ago)
I was given a conditional offer with no conditions a month ago. It just said subject to obtaining satisfactory LNAT score and I was asked to upload my score on self service by end of July. Going to their Summer school is also recommended, I am contextual and have already met the academic marks. I uploaded my score straight away (which was only 16) and have not heard anything since.

I forgot to add my ucas number with pearson vue when I sat the test, but did tell them I was applying to UoG and gave permission for them to share my score with them - so not sure if the university had it when offer was made.

I am really worried I'm going to get a rejected soon :frown: Was anyone else asked to upload their score or is in this same position?

Hi,

I wasn’t asked to upload my LNAT score (i only uploaded my A level results as I’m on a gap year and have already completed them). Do we need to upload the LNAT score to the applicant portal?

I also have a conditional offer but I’m worried in case i get rejected if I don’t have a good enough LNAT score.

I am also wondering if they look at the LNAT score before making a conditional offer? I’m pretty sure they receive the score within 24hrs of you sitting the test (even if you typed in the UCAS ID wrong the testing centre I’m sure would have sent it off immediately.)

I firmly accepted Glasgow but instead of giving me a full offer it is saying that I need to wait until it is confirmed that I have met the conditions of my offer.

It’s all very confusing!!
Original post by Anonymous9264
Hi,

I wasn’t asked to upload my LNAT score (i only uploaded my A level results as I’m on a gap year and have already completed them). Do we need to upload the LNAT score to the applicant portal?

I also have a conditional offer but I’m worried in case i get rejected if I don’t have a good enough LNAT score.

I am also wondering if they look at the LNAT score before making a conditional offer? I’m pretty sure they receive the score within 24hrs of you sitting the test (even if you typed in the UCAS ID wrong the testing centre I’m sure would have sent it off immediately.)

I firmly accepted Glasgow but instead of giving me a full offer it is saying that I need to wait until it is confirmed that I have met the conditions of my offer.

If they have not asked you to upload your LNAT result, then you should not need to if your UCAS number was given to the test centre. But suppose it would do no harm to upload it anyway. Does your conditional also say that you must get a "satisfactory lnat score?" Maybe all the offers they give out say this as standard. Just seems a bit mad they would give out conditional orders without any conditions other than a satisfactory lnat, when they already hold the lnat results.
Hi,

What conditions did they give you if you already have your A Levels? Was it just a satisfactory LNAT?
Original post by nancynevermind
If they have not asked you to upload your LNAT result, then you should not need to if your UCAS number was given to the test centre. But suppose it would do no harm to upload it anyway. Does your conditional also say that you must get a "satisfactory lnat score?" Maybe all the offers they give out say this as standard. Just seems a bit mad they would give out conditional orders without any conditions other than a satisfactory lnat, when they already hold the lnat results.

Yeah I might upload it anyway, no harm in doing so. Yeah my offer basically says, "Entry conditions: Evidence of having achieved the A levels stated in UCAS and satisfactory LNAT score". I I don't know whether to interpret that as "Upload the A Levels AND LNAT score, or just upload A levels and attain a good LNAT score". lol

Yeah tbh its just really confusing because I assume they have already seen my LNAT score before they gave me the offer. I guess it's just a standard message saying "and meet the conditions" as not everyone has actually sat their A levels yet.

I guess I'm just waiting now for them to confirm if it is a full offer or not
What conditions did they give you if you already have your A Levels? Was it just a satisfactory LNAT?

Yeah they just said, "Evidence of having attained A level results and a satisfactory LNAT score". But I uploaded my A levels to the portal months ago and the offer still hasn't changed:frown:
Hi,

I have emailed them and they haven’t gotten back to me but the live chat thing said: “We have not yet begun to process LNAT and are unable to confirm whether or not we have received your results at this time.

If you have your LNAT results available, please upload them to ensure that they are successfully received.”

so I don’t really know what to do next I uploaded them anyway but they should be able to see our lnat when they view our ucas application and before they give us an offer. Not sure why they have did this because if it’s been done this way it’s more or less just giving false hope but I emailed the law school and they gave me an email to contact so I’m just waiting on a reply back from them as I basically just asked if even if we meet the grade requirements but they later decide our lnat was not ‘satisfactory’ enough if we will then get rejected or not. I also asked when we will find this out
I have emailed them and they haven’t gotten back to me but the live chat thing said: “We have not yet begun to process LNAT and are unable to confirm whether or not we have received your results at this time.

If you have your LNAT results available, please upload them to ensure that they are successfully received.”

so I don’t really know what to do next I uploaded them anyway but they should be able to see our lnat when they view our ucas application and before they give us an offer. Not sure why they have did this because if it’s been done this way it’s more or less just giving false hope but I emailed the law school and they gave me an email to contact so I’m just waiting on a reply back from them as I basically just asked if even if we meet the grade requirements but they later decide our lnat was not ‘satisfactory’ enough if we will then get rejected or not. I also asked when we will find this out

Please let us know what they say. Its getting tedious now...I'm STILL waiting to hear back from them . Its nearly May and to have heard nothing so far is so demoralising. Exams have started so timing is now really bad especially if its not good news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending