The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow law 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have emailed them and they haven’t gotten back to me but the live chat thing said: “We have not yet begun to process LNAT and are unable to confirm whether or not we have received your results at this time.

If you have your LNAT results available, please upload them to ensure that they are successfully received.”

so I don’t really know what to do next I uploaded them anyway but they should be able to see our lnat when they view our ucas application and before they give us an offer. Not sure why they have did this because if it’s been done this way it’s more or less just giving false hope but I emailed the law school and they gave me an email to contact so I’m just waiting on a reply back from them as I basically just asked if even if we meet the grade requirements but they later decide our lnat was not ‘satisfactory’ enough if we will then get rejected or not. I also asked when we will find this out

The last possible date you could sit the LNAT was the 25th of Jan, with the universities receiving the results within 24 hours of this. What on earth have UofG been doing for the last 3 months, if they have still not got round to reviewing LNAT results??? To give out offers weeks after they had the results, would make any offer holder assume that their LNAT score has already been deemed to be satisfactory, and then firm Glasgow. But by the sounds of this, these same offers can now be very easily retracted. This does not seem fair at all, nor does it make any sense. Esp when so many are still waiting to hear back from them at all
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
All seems a bit disorganised? Was the condition of the offer a satisfactory LNAT score? I presumed they would have had access to these .

My condition was to get a B in any higher and a satisfactory lnat score, extremely confusing
I was assuming the only reason I got in was because of my good LNAT score since I got rejected from Strathclyde and Cali so they might have reviewed them
I have emailed them and they haven’t gotten back to me but the live chat thing said: “We have not yet begun to process LNAT and are unable to confirm whether or not we have received your results at this time.

If you have your LNAT results available, please upload them to ensure that they are successfully received.”

so I don’t really know what to do next I uploaded them anyway but they should be able to see our lnat when they view our ucas application and before they give us an offer. Not sure why they have did this because if it’s been done this way it’s more or less just giving false hope but I emailed the law school and they gave me an email to contact so I’m just waiting on a reply back from them as I basically just asked if even if we meet the grade requirements but they later decide our lnat was not ‘satisfactory’ enough if we will then get rejected or not. I also asked when we will find this out

How have they not yet began to process the LNAT?? They’ve had it for about 3 months (or 6 for oxbridge people)!!

Also could you please please let me know what they say when they reply to you about the offers being potentially taken off us because of the LNAT and when we’ll find out abt this!
Thanks sm!
Original post by nancynevermind
The last possible date you could sit the LNAT was the 25th of Jan, with the universities receiving the results within 24 hours of this. What on earth have UofG been doing for the last 3 months, if they have still not got round to reviewing LNAT results??? To give out offers weeks after they had the results, would make any offer holder assume that their LNAT score has already been deemed to be satisfactory, and then firm Glasgow. But by the sounds of this, these same offers can now be very easily retracted. This does not seem fair at all, nor does it make any sense. Esp when so many are still waiting to hear back from them at all

nah Surely they have seen the LNAT scores if they have given out offers. For Oxbridge people who sat the LNAT in October I think it’s ridiculous if they haven’t seen or reviewed them by now
Original post by Future-ellewoods
I was assuming the only reason I got in was because of my good LNAT score since I got rejected from Strathclyde and Cali so they might have reviewed them

if Strath and Cali have reviewed them Glasgow must have as well?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous9264

Glasgow is the only one who uses LNAT. I got a 27 so I’m not worried but I think they have looked at them already
(edited 1 year ago)

Strath and Cali don't require LNAT as they're not a Russell group uni
I have spoken with admissions and have been told that they have not looked at the lnat scores at all yet. Instead, they have basically included this "satisfactory lnat score" condition in every offer they have made so far, and will decide at some point in the the coming weeks what the satisfactory lnat score threshold is.
I have spoken with admissions and have been told that they have not looked at the lnat scores at all yet. Instead, they have basically included this "satisfactory lnat score" condition in every offer they have made so far, and will decide at some point in the the coming weeks what the satisfactory lnat score threshold is.

Absolutely appalling.

please tell me you’re joking
Absolutely appalling.

Wish I was joking. This should not be allowed.

please tell me you’re joking
Honestly it's so bad. I'm STILL waiting to hear from them with a decision and now UCAS is down till Wednesday. This whole experience has been awful. I've got exams now too its all just so easily avoidable all this stress. The deadline should not be this late either.
Wish I was joking. This should not be allowed.

that’s actually awful I’m 100% going to get rejected now but like when will we know this I don’t know why they have did this so unfairly
That is sickening
Did not realise UCAS now down til Wednesday. Just try to keep positive!!!
Honestly it's so bad. I'm STILL waiting to hear from them with a decision and now UCAS is down till Wednesday. This whole experience has been awful. I've got exams now too its all just so easily avoidable all this stress. The deadline should not be this late either.

Completely and utterly appalling. Did they even give you an exact date of when we would find out??
Did not realise UCAS now down til Wednesday. Just try to keep positive!!!

Yes down for more maintenance. I'm just sick with the whole thing.
No, they would not give a date, just said it would be in the coming weeks which is extremely vague
Completely and utterly appalling. Did they even give you an exact date of when we would find out??
No, they would not give a date, just said it would be in the coming weeks which is extremely vague

I'm just going to forget about it for now . Even if I got an offer tomorrow its still not guaranteed until they decide it is. Ive got 5 As at Higher a good Lnat and predicted 3As at AH . Really poor show but I guess they can do what they like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending