The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow law 2023

Scroll to see replies

Just received an offer last night for Scots law! (Home student, non-contextual)

AAAAA at higher
AA at adv higher + A at higher predicted
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

AAAAA at higher
AA at adv higher + A at higher predicted

Congratulations!!! Still waiting to hear back from Glasgow myself. What were your conditions, if any?
thank you!! my conditions were 1 B at adv higher

good luck and i’m sure you’ll hear soon :smile:

Original post by nancynevermind
Congratulations!!! Still waiting to hear back from Glasgow myself. What were your conditions, if any?
Thank you. An offer of 1 B at adv higher is excellent given your predicted grades. Did your offer state if it was subject to you obtaining satisfactory LNAT score? Hoping they have now looked at everyones LNAT scores by now
thank you!! my conditions were 1 B at adv higher

good luck and i’m sure you’ll hear soon :smile:
Thank you. An offer of 1 B at adv higher is excellent given your predicted grades. Did your offer state if it was subject to you obtaining satisfactory LNAT score? Hoping they have now looked at everyones LNAT scores by now

App they haven’t looked at the scores yet. They got back to me last night saying theyre still yet to review them.
would anyone have any idea when we will acc find out?
Have you firmed an offer from them? You would think Glasgow would be required to review theses scores before making offers, esp this close to the 18th of May deadline. Otherwise offer holders could easily give up places at alternative universities, believing they have met/or will meet the academic grade conditions, only to get rejected further down the line by Glasgow on the basis of an LNAT score that the university always had access to but chose not to look at the time.

(Original post by Anonymous9264)
App they haven’t looked at the scores yet. They got back to me last night saying theyre still yet to review them.
would anyone have any idea when we will acc find out?

AAAAA at higher
AA at adv higher + A at higher

Well done 👏 👏
Have you firmed an offer from them? You would think Glasgow would be required to review theses scores before making offers, esp this close to the 18th of May deadline. Otherwise offer holders could easily give up places at alternative universities, believing they have met/or will meet the academic grade conditions, only to get rejected further down the line by Glasgow on the basis of an LNAT score that the university always had access to but chose not to look at the time.

Yeah I firmed them so it will be grim if I get rejected 🥲
Wait what’s the 18th May deadline?
Original post by Anonymous9264
Yeah I firmed them so it will be grim if I get rejected 🥲
Wait what’s the 18th May deadline?

All universities should get back with their decisions by 6pm on the 18th of May at the latest, if the application was originally submitted by the 25th of January. If UCAS don't receive a decision from any of your choices by this date, then any outstanding choices will be be made unsuccessful.

It seems not all offers have an LNAT condition some its just grades. I hope they get back to me soon either way.
You and me both. Though I thought everyone who had an offer so far had the satisfactory LNAT condition, simply because they had not looked at them at all yet. Even more confusing. Do you know if Glasgow have given out any rejections for law so far. Trying to work on the theory that no news is good news for now :smile:
It seems not all offers have an LNAT condition some its just grades. I hope they get back to me soon either way.
You and me both. Though I thought everyone who had an offer so far had the satisfactory LNAT condition, simply because they had not looked at them at all yet. Even more confusing. Do you know if Glasgow have given out any rejections for law so far. Trying to work on the theory that no news is good news for now :smile:

I know of 2 others who got offers last couple of weeks with only grade conditions no mention of LNAT. Not heard of anyone rejected yet but I know quite a few still waiting. I'm hoping no news is good news surely. Offers seem sporadic now.
All universities should get back with their decisions by 6pm on the 18th of May at the latest, if the application was originally submitted by the 25th of January. If UCAS don't receive a decision from any of your choices by this date, then any outstanding choices will be be made unsuccessful.

oh really? I thought it was sometime in June/July they had to get back to us?
Wait so does that mean if we have a conditional offer and have the grades already, it’ll turn to full offer or rejection by then?
I am not sure, but if I was in your position I would hope so. As after the 18th of May, you must make a decision by the 8th of June at the latest if you have not already done so. Might be worth contacting them and asking them directly. What is your application status when you log on to UCAS? Does it say something along the lines that they are awaiting confirmation from the university that you have met the conditions or something else?

oh really? I thought it was sometime in June/July they had to get back to us?
Wait so does that mean if we have a conditional offer and have the grades already, it’ll turn to full offer or rejection by then?
I am not sure, but if I was in your position I would hope so. As after the 18th of May, you must make a decision by the 8th of June at the latest if you have not already done so. Might be worth contacting them and asking them directly. What is your application status when you log on to UCAS? Does it say something along the lines that they are awaiting confirmation from the university that you have met the conditions or something else?

My application just says, "Sent: processing". I have sent them about a million emails asking about it and I still get the same response lol. I have firmed Glasgow. I just don't know when they have to get back to me either rejecting me or accepting me. It's getting tedious now.
My application just says, "Sent: processing". I have sent them about a million emails asking about it and I still get the same response lol. I have firmed Glasgow. I just don't know when they have to get back to me either rejecting me or accepting me. It's getting tedious now.

That is awful. With any luck we will all be put out of this misery within the next week or so. Have you got a decent back up choice? though hopefully you won't need it :smile:
That is awful. With any luck we will all be put out of this misery within the next week or so. Have you got a decent back up choice? though hopefully you won't need it :smile:

Not even I got rejected from everywhere apart from Glasgow 💀
Not even I got rejected from everywhere apart from Glasgow 💀

That is stressful. But keep positive. Unlike others holding offers, you know you have already met the academic conditions. Also, given that the fees the Scottish unis are allowed to charge non Scottish students are far higher than Scottish students, although it does not sound like a positive.... may well be..... as its a business at the end of the day. Have you applied for Common or Scots Law?
That is stressful. But keep positive. Unlike others holding offers, you know you have already met the academic conditions. Also, given that the fees the Scottish unis are allowed to charge non Scottish students are far higher than Scottish students, although it does not sound like a positive.... may well be..... as its a business at the end of the day. Have you applied for Common or Scots Law?

Yeah true I applied for common law. But I feel like it might be more difficult to get a place for it. Idk though. Have you heard much back from them?
Yeah true I applied for common law. But I feel like it might be more difficult to get a place for it. Idk though. Have you heard much back from them?

You might be in with a good shout as Scottish applicants are more likely to select Scots Law. And given the changes with the introduction of the SQE in England, the cynic in me suspects Glasgows Common Law offering is a money making exercise. Have heard nothing back from Glasgow yet. Llooks like Tuesday now at the earliest before we hear anything. It is infuriating.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending