The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow law 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callumlo
Was waiting for someone else to answer your question since I don’t really have a helpful answer, but anyway: I can’t speak about Edinburgh’s Reach Widening Access programme (didn’t participate since I don’t live in an eligible area) but what I will say is if you’re considering Glasgow as your first choice then DON’T forget to sit the LNAT test! I stupidly did just that and ended up withdrawing my application a week before the deadline because hanging on would’ve only been futile.

Awaiting results is always going to be a bit nerve-wracking, but I’m sure you’ll be fine. Good luck on Results Day!

Thanks so much for your advice - I really appreciate it. The LNAT applications open on the 1st August, so over the next few days I'm going to try look over some of the details in depth such as when I have to sit it by if I want to apply to Glasgow or Oxbridge etc. so I get it right for sure. I also heard from a friend that it's really hard to get a spot in Scotland, so I was recommend trying to wake up early to secure one on that date when they open.

I'm just hoping for the best, but either way, I'm sure I have done okay for my exams. It's an awfully terrifying thing to think about it, especially when your trying to enjoy yourself a little over the holidays - but that's normal, and honestly, I'm oddly excited for the gruelling new year ahead as I know in the end it will pay off. Thank you for your message!! @callumlo
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I have another question; please feel free to answer it if you have sat the LNAT already :smile:

I was wondering what everyone's experiences with preparing for the LNAT have been like? More specifically, the revision done leading up to the actual exam which you thought was really useful in getting a good score - how many months in advance, daily routines, good tips? etc.

I'd really appreciate it, as I feel as it would give me a better idea on especially when to start actual prep for the LNAT, but I already know to definitely start months in advance and to, in some sense, prioritise it.

P.S - I couldn't find any other good threads so sorry if I'm just dumping it here!! Thanks
Reply 122
Has anyone got accommodation yet? I’m still waiting…
Original post by rayshell
Hi, I got a conditional offer about three weeks ago. I already accepted it and met the conditions, waiting to hear back from the uni!

Hi! Just wondering if you could please share the conditions of your offer and your exam results as this information would be so valuable to me and my firends who are all applying for the course!?
Original post by Gordon K.
I have another question; please feel free to answer it if you have sat the LNAT already :smile:

I was wondering what everyone's experiences with preparing for the LNAT have been like? More specifically, the revision done leading up to the actual exam which you thought was really useful in getting a good score - how many months in advance, daily routines, good tips? etc.

I'd really appreciate it, as I feel as it would give me a better idea on especially when to start actual prep for the LNAT, but I already know to definitely start months in advance and to, in some sense, prioritise it.

P.S - I couldn't find any other good threads so sorry if I'm just dumping it here!! Thanks

Hey,
I sat the LNAT last year and I would suggest working on it ASAP. It can take a while to get your head around the style of questions -not to mention the pressure for time in the exam!

I’d recommend keeping up to date with the news because the essay will normally have a question on a topical issue that is currently happening (at least from my experience)!

I think there are a few LNAT online courses you can do (some are longer than others and most cost money) but I’ve heard from friends that they are quite useful - not too sure of the names though.

What I would say is, ofc work really hard for your exams but don’t neglect the LNAT prep! (a lot of people I know did and suffered as a result) !

^^ Also just to mention the LNAT courses aren’t a key part of revision (although it helped my friends, I know a lot of people who secured a spot and didn’t do any courses but it could be useful for practice so just depends on your revision/learning style!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Connor1252
Hi! Just wondering if you could please share the conditions of your offer and your exam results as this information would be so valuable to me and my firends who are all applying for the course!?

Hey,
My grade requirements were A*AA and a “sufficient LNAT score” (normally it is 23 but I know of people who got a lot lower - just depends on your application as a whole -personal statement, work experience, references etc!)
I think the requirements have gone down to AAA this year though
Original post by Anonymous #1
I was given a conditional offer with no conditions a month ago. It just said subject to obtaining satisfactory LNAT score and I was asked to upload my score on self service by end of July. Going to their Summer school is also recommended, I am contextual and have already met the academic marks. I uploaded my score straight away (which was only 16) and have not heard anything since.
I forgot to add my ucas number with pearson vue when I sat the test, but did tell them I was applying to UoG and gave permission for them to share my score with them - so not sure if the university had it when offer was made.
I am really worried I'm going to get a rejected soon :frown: Was anyone else asked to upload their score or is in this same position?
Hi, i know this was almost a year ago so the likelihood of a reply is low, but i’m just wondering what your grades were. I’m also contextual (4A, 2B at higher, 27 on LNAT) and i’m hoping for an offer 🤞🏻
(edited 1 month ago)
are contextual offers given out first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending