The Student Room Group

Driving lesson- don’t know what’s wrong with me

Hi everyone so I’m just back from a driving lesson and I’ve had plenty lessons by now, so I now do fortnightly lessons at the area where my test is going to take place. Todays was my 3rd lesson in that area and my test is booked for June.

Basically today was just one of those days where a lot was just not going right for me. Obviously I take full responsibility but it was just like one mistake after the other. It’s just daft things (I say daft but of course they would result in a major fail). There were just quite a few other little things as well and I even blooming stalled on the last 5 minutes when I was back in my local area, something I’ve not done in weeks.

I stopped at a closed junction and the instruction was to turn right at the end of the junction so for whatever reason I stopped on the right side which of course isn’t correct, then at another junction I didn’t even notice the stop sign. Those were the 2 major things which obviously could have easily been prevented. I don’t know this area as well as it’s not somewhere I go regularly but of course that’s still not an excuse I know.

The other things like my manouveres I done absolutely fine on and my roundabouts as well I done okay. I just feel like I’ve had one of those “bad” lessons which I know everyone has but it’s got me stressed.

Despite all this my instructor seems to think I’m doing well and now I’m due to take my first mock test in 2 weeks time. I think given the mishaps that happened today it’s just got me feeling a little worried about it. I already know I’m going to fail it but I think I just wasn’t expecting to do one so soon.

If anyone could just help me to de stress a little bit that would be great🤣 also please no one give me a hard time, I know what I did wrong and like I said I take full responsibility for the mistakes I made.
(edited 1 year ago)
A lot of people go through this when learning how to drive. For some reasons my brain thought it would be okay to cross a intersection when cars where driving and I didn't have priority, luckily my car stalled or the instructor braked or whatever. I don't remember since it's been a year now but I made a lot of mistakes while learning how to drive. I passed my theory and practical both first time since I just made sure to practice the stuff I was bad at rather than the stuff I was good at.
Original post by Newtothis_24
Hi everyone so I’m just back from a driving lesson and I’ve had plenty lessons by now, so I now do fortnightly lessons at the area where my test is going to take place. Todays was my 3rd lesson in that area and my test is booked for June.

Basically today was just one of those days where a lot was just not going right for me. Obviously I take full responsibility but it was just like one mistake after the other. It’s just daft things (I say daft but of course they would result in a major fail). There were just quite a few other little things as well and I even blooming stalled on the last 5 minutes when I was back in my local area, something I’ve not done in weeks.

I stopped at a closed junction and the instruction was to turn right at the end of the junction so for whatever reason I stopped on the right side which of course isn’t correct, then at another junction I didn’t even notice the stop sign. Those were the 2 major things which obviously could have easily been prevented. I don’t know this area as well as it’s not somewhere I go regularly but of course that’s still not an excuse I know.

The other things like my manouveres I done absolutely fine on and my roundabouts as well I done okay. I just feel like I’ve had one of those “bad” lessons which I know everyone has but it’s got me stressed.

Despite all this my instructor seems to think I’m doing well and now I’m due to take my first mock test in 2 weeks time. I think given the mishaps that happened today it’s just got me feeling a little worried about it. I already know I’m going to fail it but I think I just wasn’t expecting to do one so soon.

If anyone could just help me to de stress a little bit that would be great🤣 also please no one give me a hard time, I know what I did wrong and like I said I take full responsibility for the mistakes I made.

Hi, don't worry! I do insane things all the time. A few weeks ago we were approaching a junction and my instructor said to pull in at the left and because this is what she says when she wants me to park, I randomly decided to park right across the junction in the middle of the road...fortunately no one was around.. turns out she was just telling me to turn left at the junction!
Don't be too hard on yourself - your instructor will have seen many students over the years, if they think you'll be fine for the test, you'll be fine!
Best of luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
One thing I will add is the fact your instructor is not too worried says alot. They will of seen hundreds of students like you so if they were concerned you would know about it so just keep working at it as you have plenty of time. You've got this👌
Thanks everyone I really do appreciate it <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending