The Student Room Group

Driving

I’m starting to drive now and taking lessons, can you give me advice on how to perfect my driving skills? I feel like I’m improving but then on the next lesson do something silly lol! Any tips on how I can drive as if it’s a habitual thing?
Reply 1
You'll get it in time, I was in exactly the same place and was honest with my instructor about what I struggled with and she kept making me practice until I got it. If you can practice outside of your lessons, do so. And start/keep revising for your theory test, most of its common sense so go straight into doing practice tests you can get apps for that for free.
Reply 2
I have been able to drive for a year now and it's still not a natural thing. You'll get there. I still get nervous and take wrong turns all the time, but as long as I'm safe it doesn't matter.
Reply 3
Original post by kwhocares
You'll get it in time, I was in exactly the same place and was honest with my instructor about what I struggled with and she kept making me practice until I got it. If you can practice outside of your lessons, do so. And start/keep revising for your theory test, most of its common sense so go straight into doing practice tests you can get apps for that for free.

Thanks for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending