The Student Room Group

Help my driving instructor might be scamming me

Hi, i've done about 15-20 lessons with my intructor. My test is coming up in like 6 weeks and i have told him about this test well over 3 months ago. I haven't learned any maneuver yet, haven't even hit country roads or motorways, no work on gps and road signs to get to places and just started on roundabouts, he keeps teaching me the same stuff over and over and says if you make even a slight mistake we can't move on like i would stall once or twice in a lesson or get the wrong gear and apparently that's cause for stress and he would say we can't move on because ur basics are not perfect. I aske dhim 8 weeks ago about my test and he said yeah we should be able to get it done in time but with the amount of lessons left i dont think so. What should i do?
How long are the lessons? If 1 hour then your about half way. If 2 hour then yeah they are scamming you.
Reply 2
Original post by Guru Jason
How long are the lessons? If 1 hour then your about half way. If 2 hour then yeah they are scamming you.

1 hour
Original post by robqttedcant
1 hour

Takes about 40 to 50 hours before you'll be ready so it is somthing you should get to soon.
Reply 4
Original post by Guru Jason
Takes about 40 to 50 hours before you'll be ready so it is somthing you should get to soon.

My test is in like 6 weeks so if i fit in 2 lessons a week that will be 12 hours plus my original 16 so 28, is that enough for my test or should i move it like a week before if im not ready
Unless there is some huge obstacle or issue with your learning I'd need to say something is badly wrong here. It's crazy to have done 15+ hours and no manoeuvres or road variety/navigation. Honestly surprised you've booked a test before learning the basics.
Reply 6
If you don’t trust your instructor, try someone else. Preferably someone that comes with a strong recommendation. The customer is in the driving seat. A good driving instructor will be able to pick up a new student anywhere on their learning journey
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Unless there is some huge obstacle or issue with your learning I'd need to say something is badly wrong here. It's crazy to have done 15+ hours and no manoeuvres or road variety/navigation. Honestly surprised you've booked a test before learning the basics.

Tests come months later everything is booked so i booked around 3 months ago, i thought i would be ready but he just isn't allowing me to move on to topics with even a minor mistake, and he keeps disappearing to funerals or holidays so i keep missing more lesson weeks
Reply 8
If your not happy change insteuctors your the one paying them.
Reply 9
Original post by robqttedcant
Hi, i've done about 15-20 lessons with my intructor. My test is coming up in like 6 weeks and i have told him about this test well over 3 months ago. I haven't learned any maneuver yet, haven't even hit country roads or motorways, no work on gps and road signs to get to places and just started on roundabouts, he keeps teaching me the same stuff over and over and says if you make even a slight mistake we can't move on like i would stall once or twice in a lesson or get the wrong gear and apparently that's cause for stress and he would say we can't move on because ur basics are not perfect. I aske dhim 8 weeks ago about my test and he said yeah we should be able to get it done in time but with the amount of lessons left i dont think so. What should i do?

I think that you should re-book your test . I did my first test after 50 hours of lessons and private practice. My instructor took me quickly on a busy roundobout with 6 exits and 2 lanes. I did failed on 1 dengerous and 1 minor.. I keep practice myself now and also taking some lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending