The Student Room Group

Social Mobility Fund.

Hi there,
I have recently been accepted onto the aspiring professionals programme (APP City) for banking and finance from the social mobility fund, which I am delighted about.
I was wondering what people's experience of it and what they got out from it?
I am also attending an launch event, what happens here?
Thank you?
Reply 1
Original post by Ani6
Hi there,
I have recently been accepted onto the aspiring professionals programme (APP City) for banking and finance from the social mobility fund, which I am delighted about.
Thank you?

I signed up for the APP but cancelled my application because I found the process to be needlessly long without enough correspondence to applicants, plus they were not reliable with deadlines.
This means I don't have an experience of the actual programme but I'd be interested to watch this thread and see how other people feel about it.
Reply 2
BTW a message to take away from this: make sure to sign up to loads of different things. I got several rejections as an applicant on these programmes, was successful with several applications, and withdrew a few applications because they didn't feel right. I learned from a good mentor that real professionalism is knowing that you're just as good as everyone else in the room. So make sure you are spending your time with professionals who make you feel that way.
Original post by Ani6
Hi there,
Thank you?

I just wanted to ask, are there people there that applied for the JP Morgan Residential? It's just that I haven't got any email or anything yet.
Original post by JustAnotherFloop
I just wanted to ask, are there people there that applied for the JP Morgan Residential? It's just that I haven't got any email or anything yet.

Yeah, I applied and received an acceptance on the 22nd of March, so pretty early. However I declined it because it clashed with a holiday and a Cambridge Summer school I got accepted for.
Reply 5
Original post by k59533
I signed up for the APP but cancelled my application because I found the process to be needlessly long without enough correspondence to applicants, plus they were not reliable with deadlines.
This means I don't have an experience of the actual programme but I'd be interested to watch this thread and see how other people feel about it.

Massive mistake, please don't cancel amazing opportunities when you come across them!

I'm part of APP, and it is amazing. They got me a summer internship, a lot of amazing speakers that you can mention for your personal statement or CV, really nice in-person meeting sessions in central London where you'll find very intelligent people with a lot more opportunities to pass on to you. They have amazing residential trips to Oxbridge and other top universities.

It's far too late to apply for APP now, but if you want, you can apply to a similar programme called SEO Schools. They are very STEM-based (including law), but don't feel down if you do arts and humanities! They have excellent trips and in-person sessions to the top companies, with people out of England flying in to partake in such events! It's quite easy to get in I think, as long as you have high grades and high ambitions. They're holding a three day residential trip in nature (for free) right now by the way, it's all for fun and it's not related to school!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending