The Student Room Group

Social work bursary

Hi,

Just wanted to ask, if I study Bsc Health and Social Care with foundation, and have student finance, can I also apply for a social work bursary? Would that be paid separately along with student finance? I am a single mother and just wanted to know if is possible?

Many thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi,

Just wanted to ask, if I study Bsc Health and Social Care with foundation, and have student finance, can I also apply for a social work bursary? Would that be paid separately along with student finance? I am a single mother and just wanted to know if is possible?

Many thanks

Hi Sana,

Yes, you can - a Social Work Bursary is separate from what we offer, so it won't affect any funding you receive from us.

It's normally the NHS that award these bursaries, so we'd suggest speaking to them about this.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Original post by Sana R
Hi,

Many thanks

Hi Sana,

Yes, you can - a Social Work Bursary is separate from what we offer, so it won't affect any funding you receive from us.

It's normally the NHS that award these bursaries, so we'd suggest speaking to them about this.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I found the nhs website and I just have to complete my details and will expect a response from them if I would be eligible for a bursary. And this won’t affect any maintenance loan, childcare grant or tuition fees?

Thank you
Original post by Sana R
Hi Sana,

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

I found the nhs website and I just have to complete my details and will expect a response from them if I would be eligible for a bursary. And this won’t affect any maintenance loan, childcare grant or tuition fees?

Thank you
That's correct, yes - this won't affect your funding from us at all.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Original post by Sana R
Hi Sana,

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

Thank you

That's correct, yes - this won't affect your funding from us at all.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you very much!
You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending