The Student Room Group

Predictions for June 2023 Edexcel IGCSE English Language paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Latingirl76
What about A passage to Africa? That hasn’t come up recently

you’re literally a life saver because of you I revised it more and it actually came up thank you ahhh!!!🫡🫡🫡
Reply 41
Original post by Graciegrace12
you’re literally a life saver because of you I revised it more and it actually came up thank you ahhh!!!🫡🫡🫡

I remembered a few points but maybe that was enough. I hope I ain't screwed
Reply 42
Original post by shriya sunil
we were given predictions from school for both paper 1 and 2
paper1
from high chances to low chances
1) A passage to Africa
2) The danger of a single story
3) explorers or boys messing about? either way, taxpayer gets rescue bill
4) from beyond the sky and the earth; a journey to Bhutan
5) young and dyslexic? you've got it going on
6) from the explorers daughter
7) from between the rock and a hard place
8) from Chinese Cinderella
9)from H is for hawk
10) from a game of polo with a headless got
paper 2
1) out out
2) significant cigarettes
3) still I rise
4) the story of an hour
5) an unknown girl
6) night
7) the bright lights of sarajevo
8) disabled
9) the necklace
10) whistle and ill come to you
hope this is helpful for june 2023 igsce edexcel 4EA1

paper 1 prediction was accurate
Reply 43
Regional paper was Young & Dyslexic - not at all expected 😫
Reply 44
What came up paper 2 Jan 23?
Not the regional one.
I think whistle and I’ll come to you came on Jan 23 r.
Reply 45
Original post by DabDxb

That was definitely expected since it had never come up before in the regional papers
Reply 46
Original post by DabDxb

genuinely thought it would be a passage to africa ughhh, but it was great anyway
Reply 47
Original post by CatalinaIK
That was definitely expected since it had never come up before in the regional papers

True, but still unusual to have a year after the non regional had it. We were expecting Passage to Africa or Danger of a Single Story... but preferred it to Passage to Africa so not all bad
Reply 48
So what are you all predicting for paper 2 Non regional IGCSE English Language ?
Reply 49
Original post by Kavita T
So what are you all predicting for paper 2 Non regional IGCSE English Language ?

the same prediction post that was posted with paper 1
Reply 50
Original post by DabDxb
True, but still unusual to have a year after the non regional had it. We were expecting Passage to Africa or Danger of a Single Story... but preferred it to Passage to Africa so not all bad

Oh, I was expecting danger of a single story, young and dyslexic or explorers or boys. Just to let you know, the regional paper has nothing to do with the non-regional one so don’t take the normal paper into account when making predictions
Reply 51
How do you guys think you did?
Original post by Liya.rj
How do you guys think you did?

I think section A went well but I’m not sure about section B..I managed to finish the paper though which is good because every time I’ve done a past paper I never finish in the allocated time :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by scar-the-queen
I think section A went well but I’m not sure about section B..I managed to finish the paper though which is good because every time I’ve done a past paper I never finish in the allocated time :smile:

SAME HAHAHA i went from some of my best analysis to completely lying about my mum leaving the oven on, my oven exploding, my house setting fire and then my dog mr sprinkles was seriously injured (i don't even have a dog) it was a mess but i think it still went alright, maybe?? i think the examiner is gonna have a stroke reading my transactional.
Original post by hersfan78
SAME HAHAHA i went from some of my best analysis to completely lying about my mum leaving the oven on, my oven exploding, my house setting fire and then my dog mr sprinkles was seriously injured (i don't even have a dog) it was a mess but i think it still went alright, maybe?? i think the examiner is gonna have a stroke reading my transactional.

at least your transactional sounds interesting! mine was literally like go volunteer at a food bank it's the best thing you can do yayy! omg donate ur clothes to charity! spend time with the elderly so they don't feel lonely! go make friends while volunteering! it was simultaneously the most patronising and most boring thing i've ever written.
Reply 55
Original post by hersfan78

That's gonna be interesting to read. I wrote about this plane journey that suffered an engine failure over the atlantic lol
Reply 56
Original post by Tpr1808
That's gonna be interesting to read. I wrote about this plane journey that suffered an engine failure over the atlantic lol

Guys, what was your prompt? It sounds so interesting! I did the r paper and we had to write an article about the key to success. It was quite boring honestly. The other option was a letter to the headmaster about how to support students. Both quite dull hahaha
Reply 57
Original post by CatalinaIK
Guys, what was your prompt? It sounds so interesting! I did the r paper and we had to write an article about the key to success. It was quite boring honestly. The other option was a letter to the headmaster about how to support students. Both quite dull hahaha

I kinda forgot but one of them was along the lines of an article about a memorable experience
Original post by Tpr1808
I kinda forgot but one of them was along the lines of an article about a memorable experience

Yep and the other one was to write a guide for young people about how they can help others, or something like that.
Reply 59
Original post by scar-the-queen
Yep and the other one was to write a guide for young people about how they can help others, or something like that.

Did anyone even write that first one?

Quick Reply

Latest