The Student Room Group

TSR Community Awards 2022: Feedback and Suggestions

This is a thread for all feedback and suggestions regarding the Community Awards on :tsr:

A number of changes have been made this year, including:
- Renaming of the Agony Aunt award to "Most Helpful in Life & Style"
- Inserting explicit posting criteria for section awards (Entertainment Expert, Best Debater, Most Helpful in L&S, Study Help, Unis, Careers)
- Adding explicit time criteria for most helpful and funniest thread awards requiring the threads to have been posted during 2022

In this thread, you are welcome to post suggestions regarding:
- New awards we could have
- Awards you think should be removed
- Changes to criteria
- Changes to the format and process of the awards

Please do not:
- Make personal comments about other users
- Make any targeted comments about the VT, VSLs or CS
- These will be removed and carded severely

A quote list will be used at a later date to ascertain further feedback

Scroll to see replies

It is already too late, but what about 'honour awards' for members being a long time on TSR and made an important contribution? an award for the life work to show the appreciation apart from the votings? Just an idea... maybe a good sugeestion in 2023.
(edited 1 year ago)
Feels like most controversial user was a good award but I can see why TSR removed it.

Maybe a best TSR Member award (that isn't simply based on the year) that excludes people on Volunteer Team? So something equivalent to the best TSR FH and best TSR VT/VSL award except members of the volunteer team can't be nominated for the award? I'm aware that we have member of the year but members of the volunteer team can be nominated for that award and it's called member of the year and not best TSR Member in general.

Best Community Staff member could also be one maybe 🤷🏾*♀️. I know that the awards are supposed to be focused on the TSR community but I think that maybe CS deserve some praise too.

But I maybe I don't see the point of the awards that I've suggested.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Feels like most controversial user was a good award but I can see why TSR removed it.

Maybe a best TSR Member award (that isn't simply based on the year) that excludes people on Volunteer Team? So something equivalent to the best TSR FH and best TSR VT/VSL award except members of the volunteer team can't be nominated for the award? I'm aware that we have member of the year but members of the volunteer team can be nominated for that award and it's called member of the year and not best TSR Member in general.

Best Community Staff member could also be one maybe 🤷🏾*♀️. I know that the awards are supposed to be focused on the TSR community but I think that maybe CS deserve some praise too.

EH deservedly got nominated for member of the year:smile:
Original post by _Rusty_
EH deservedly got nominated for member of the year:smile:

Yep saw that, definitely deserved in my opinion.
Most helpful thread and funniest thread of the year maybe shouldn't have a time frame (as to when the thread should have been made) if the blog of the year doesn't 🤷🏾*♀️.

Other than though can't see any issues with the awards beyond that fact some users might complain about the fact that it's quote "always" the same users being nominated.
Bring back Sports Commentator, Top Techie and Motoring Master :shakecane: Maybe add Bookworm, Film Critic, Pro Gamer and Music Maestro while you're at it. :awesome:

Absolutely not biased in any way. :noway:
Original post by Kallisto
It is already too late, but what about 'honour awards' for members being a long time on TSR and made an important contribution? an award for the life work to show the appreciation apart from the votings? Just an idea... maybe a good sugeestion in 2023.

I feel like that is already covered by 'favourite oldie' :smile:
oops just realised this isn't in the private forums :getmecoat:
Original post by CoolCavy
I feel like that is already covered by 'favourite oldie' :smile:

But this is different: these members should be awarded by the staff of TSR for special contributions. There are so many another users who are ignored or unknown by the majority and deserve appreciation.
But this is different: these members should be awarded by the staff of TSR for special contributions. There are so many another users who are ignored or unknown by the majority and deserve appreciation.

It's a nice idea but as before I personally feel like favourite oldie covers this. The point of these awards is that they are awarded by the community itself not the CS :yep:

There are a lot of deserving people that get left off the shortlists for all categories (not just favourite oldie) and it's because people aren't nominating!

The engagement with this year's awards wasn't super high in terms of filled in nominations forms. Unfortunately when people don't take the time to nominate (and there are fewer active users in general) that means some people will have been missed off who could have made it onto the list.
Years back I proposed adding a few special awards that aren’t voted on, based on stats that aren’t available to users. For example, user who gave/received the most rep or had the biggest post count (assuming they are happy to receive the award). There was interest but it got forgotten in the subsequent year.
Original post by Notnek
Years back I proposed adding a few special awards that aren’t voted on, based on stats that aren’t available to users. For example, user who gave/received the most rep or had the biggest post count (assuming they are happy to receive the award). There was interest but it got forgotten in the subsequent year.

I think that we'd know what user receives the most rep each year :tongue:, but this is a good idea.
Original post by Talkative Toad
I think that we'd know what user receives the most rep each year :tongue:, but this is a good idea.

Yes I would win it every year but it's still nice to get the recognition :tongue:
Original post by Notnek
Yes I would win it every year but it's still nice to get the recognition :tongue:

I was thinking more @the bear but yeah.
<--- the joke <---
xxxxx Head
It is already too late, but what about 'honour awards' for members being a long time on TSR and made an important contribution? an award for the life work to show the appreciation apart from the votings? Just an idea... maybe a good sugestion in 2023.

Yes, a Lifetime Achievement award would be just what i want a lovely way to show our appreciation for people who need to get out more those who have dedicated their lives to TSR.
Maybe a special area of pavement in Brighton could be turned into a TSR Walk of Fame with stars or footprints and that.

:flute:
Original post by the bear
Maybe a special area of pavement in Brighton could be turned into a TSR Walk of Fame with stars or footprints and that.

A*s, I presume?
Original post by Reality Check
A*s, I presume?

stephoch.png
Limiting funniest/most helpful thread to 2022 made threads only didn't work very well. Not going to say that the threads nominated weren't deserving but as much as I loved the grey bar thread :wink: etc im not sure it was perhaps as helpful as some of the big megathreads.

Latest

Trending

Trending