The Student Room Group

Ucl grs/ors 2022

Did someone get an answer from application to Graduate Research Scholarship or Overseas Research Scholarship?

Scroll to see replies

Not yet, do departments usually tell students they are nominated or are you meant to wait until March?
Original post by cedabuid
Did someone get an answer from application to Graduate Research Scholarship or Overseas Research Scholarship?

Hi, my department told me that they have nominated me and my application is nkw sent to UCL selection committee. However, final decision will be made by UCL committee
Hi, my department told me about nomination and said we've to wait till 11th March to get final news from UCL funding.
I received the email that I'm a reserve candidate
I also received an email that I'm on the reserve list for both the ORS and GRS, I guess that means I've been nominated by my department? I emailed student funding back to ask how my application is ranked in comparison to others, I suggest you guys do the same...
Original post by honestlythough
I also received an email that I'm on the reserve list for both the ORS and GRS, I guess that means I've been nominated by my department? I emailed student funding back to ask how my application is ranked in comparison to others, I suggest you guys do the same...

Woww congratulations on making this far. Hopefully, you will get it. I also emailed studentdunding, but they haven't replied so far. How about you? do you know your number is reserve list? And yes the candidates who are awarded or are reserved all re nominated by their respective departments.
Original post by IQRA RANI
Woww congratulations on making this far. Hopefully, you will get it. I also emailed studentdunding, but they haven't replied so far. How about you? do you know your number is reserve list? And yes the candidates who are awarded or are reserved all re nominated by their respective departments.

You too, congratulations on making it to the reserve list! No response yet, I'll let you know when I get one :smile: Good luck to us both
Original post by honestlythough
You too, congratulations on making it to the reserve list! No response yet, I'll let you know when I get one :smile: Good luck to us both

Have you received any email regarding your number on reserve list? I'm too far
I’m 2/30 for the ORS and 11/25 for the GRS, I honestly thought the lists were going to be longer so I have hope!
Reply 10
Hi there! I just send an email to the office, too. Hope they would reply with good news!
Original post by Elsie_G
Hi there! I just send an email to the office, too. Hope they would reply with good news!

have you got any email from UCL funding regarding your name in nomination or reserve list?
Reply 12
have you got any email from UCL funding regarding your name in nomination or reserve list?

In January I got the nomination email, but I haven't received anything back after that. The result will come out next week, I suppose?
The result is already out
Reply 14
The result is already out

doesn't it start to sending outcomes from 7th March (today)?
Original post by Elsie_G
doesn't it start to sending outcomes from 7th March (today)?

May be they continue to send, but most people received emails last week.
May be they continue to send, but most people received emails last week.

How do you know this if you don't mind me asking? Also, I've only seen reserve list emails on TSR....
Original post by HiddenUser123
How do you know this if you don't mind me asking? Also, I've only seen reserve list emails on TSR....

this is true, I also seen only reserve candidates.. I really don't know if any nominated one is on this thread or even they might only have informed reserves
this is true, I also seen only reserve candidates.. I really don't know if any nominated one is on this thread or even they might only have informed reserves

I just emailed them and they said I didn't get the GRS. Could I ask you please for a summary of your application please? Grades, publications etc? Just want to know how much I missed out by
Original post by HiddenUser123
I just emailed them and they said I didn't get the GRS. Could I ask you please for a summary of your application please? Grades, publications etc? Just want to know how much I missed out by

I also didn't get GRS, and a reserve candidate for ORS. I really don't know what's their criterion of selection, but whatever is it's just like out of range😪

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending