The Student Room Group

Level 3 diploma in travel and tourism

Anyone who has done this course in college, did you find this course interesting and would you recommend
Reply 1
I've just finished the extended certificate. I found it interesting although you should be aware that it's quite business focussed rather than learning about destinations.
Reply 2
Original post by joshk07
Anyone who has done this course in college, did you find this course interesting and would you recommend

I’m nearly done with my first year, so I’ll be finishing the course with a full BTEC L3 (3 A Levels)next year.
Im finding the course interesting and really fun. I enjoy my lessons and I’ve learnt a lot. I would recommend it since tourism is a big industry and it’s good to know bout it, and you can get a variety of jobs with having this qualification too- such as in the airports, retail , hospitality; so you’re not restricted with jobs in contrast to the IT course.
I’ve been on a few trips, trips I probably won’t have gone on if I did any other BTEC/A level, and we’re even going to Barcelona for the 2nd year (Year 13), so doing the course gives u a lot to look forward too.

In terms of workload I’ve never had an issue, you just need to keep asking questions and be attentive , so you understand what to do for each assignment and can get it done quickly. That’s how I’ve managed my coursework so well and am getting Distinctions.
My class had to do an exam in January and I got Merits for both exams, which isn’t an issue since I’ve been doing good in my coursework so they would cancel out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending