The Student Room Group

2023 Oxbridge Anthropology Postgraduate Application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering why everyone thinks we will hear back this week? Waiting on Mphil soc anth with magic button still present

decisions are sent 8-10 weeks after deadline. Tomorrow marks the end of the 10 weeks
Hey guys! My button disappeared last Friday and I got an offer for MSc Medical Anthropology to Oxford on Tuesday. Best of luck to you all!!
Got it! I don't see anything so hopefully the decision is coming soon
If you go to the 'supporting documents' tab of your graduate self-service portal, there is a section that enables you to upload a supporting document. If the upload section is gone, a decision is coming soon (allegedly).
unsure when my button disappeared but it's not there so I hope that means the decision is coming soon. I just want to know regardless of the outcome
My button is still there...not sure if they even read my application (submitted it right on Jan 6)
Original post by anonanthro
unsure when my button disappeared but it's not there so I hope that means the decision is coming soon. I just want to know regardless of the outcome
My button is still there...not sure if they even read my application (submitted it right on Jan 6)

I wouldn’t worry! As long as your application status is ready for assessment by the deadline, it should be fine :smile:
Just hoping that we hear something soon - the wait is starting to get genuinely distressing
MPhil soc anth button has now disappeared
mine went on monday, I wonder why there was such a time difference
MPhil soc anth button has now disappeared
Good luck for today everyone! Fingers crossed we hear some good news today!
Has anyone received good news? The waiting is absolutely distressing!
Original post by marcmariner
Has anyone received good news? The waiting is absolutely distressing!

nothing yet and i’m going insane
No, nothing yet…
And yes - feel like my life is on hold 😭 A rejection would almost be better than this limbo
Hello people. My button is still there (for Mphil soc anthro)... I am wondering if anyone else has the same situation:frown:
My MPhil Social Anthro button disappeared sometime Thursday I think, really hoping for news today.
I had sent an email to the anthropology admission office as I have a scholarship deadline due for which i need to know if it's a confirm offer or rejection. This is what the auto reply email says "We aim to inform candidates of our decision, within 8-10 weeks of the 6 January 2023. Please note that due to strike action, our decisions may be delayed, but we are working hard to minimise any disruption." According to the website the strike is till today
(edited 1 year ago)
A few weeks ago oxford called off the strikes so surely there wont be any disruption (hopefully)

Original post by Shre_7291
I had sent an email to the anthropology admission office as I have a scholarship deadline due for which i need to know if it's a confirm offer or rejection. This is what the auto reply email says "We aim to inform candidates of our decision, within 8-10 weeks of the 6 January 2023. Please note that due to strike action, our decisions may be delayed, but we are working hard to minimise any disruption." According to the website the strike is till today
Since my button hasn't disappeared yet, I uploaded new transcripts this morning, and it says it is received after checking. So I assume they are still assessing...
A few weeks ago oxford called off the strikes so surely there wont be any disruption (hopefully)

Oh okay! thanks for the update!
I wouldn’t worry! As long as your application status is ready for assessment by the deadline, it should be fine :smile:

Thanks a lot! This is so reassuring and hope you will receive your offer soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending