The Student Room Group

ARB/RIBA Ravensbourne Architecture

So I’ve been offered a place for second year at Ravensbourne as an international transfer. I’m just wondering what to do about it not being RIBA validated, but are validated by the ARB? I had an interview with the university and they were hopeful to be validated this year? Just looking for any information/advice! Thank you :smile:))
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by InesMcCallum
So I’ve been offered a place for second year at Ravensbourne as an international transfer. I’m just wondering what to do about it not being RIBA validated, but are validated by the ARB? I had an interview with the university and they were hopeful to be validated this year? Just looking for any information/advice! Thank you :smile:))

This is an interesting one. The RIBA validation process involves an inspection of the school and is principally concerned with quality: the ethos of the school; management and the learning environment; and the work produced by the students. New courses are given ‘candidate status’ from RIBA and usually become fully validated after the first cohort graduates. However, having looked at the RIBA website, the initial report was in Feb 2018 and Ravensbourne had 144 architecture students at that time. This means that full validation hadn't been given by the time that cohort graduated in 2021 and the status is still showing as 'candidate status' now. You might want to go back to Ravensbourne and ask them why the status hasn't changed within the expected timeframe - I would assume that they haven't met RIBA standards. It is a risk taking up your place but only you can decide if it is a risk worth taking.

https://www.architecture.com/education-cpd-and-careers/riba-validation/riba-validated-schools-uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending