The Student Room Group

ATAS (Academic, Technology, Approval Scheme) Certificate 2023/2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Aim1234567976
Hello guys,I made mistakes on myATAS application,what should I do,should I email the ATAS team

Of course, you should e-mail. Topic must be like Ref 357900 - UPDATE ( put your reference number instead of 357900)
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Ydina
Of course, you should e-mail. Topic must be like Ref 357900 - UPDATE ( put your reference number instead of 357900)

But I read on the website that states that the ATAS team will not reply to the query on an application that is not at least 20 working days old,so should I wait?
Reply 62
Original post by Aim1234567976
But I read on the website that states that the ATAS team will not reply to the query on an application that is not at least 20 working days old,so should I wait?

Changes to ATAS certificates:

· ATAS will no longer be amending certificates for the following reasons:

· Errors or omissions on the ATAS certificate (Given names, Date of Birth etc.)

· Changing course dates

· Changing course/subject titles

· Mistakes in passport numbers or dates

The responsibility is on the applicant and the universities/research institutes to ensure the information submitted in the application is correct.

· For changes to renewed passports, please email us a copy of both your old and new passport. We are unable to makes changes to passport information without this. Please re-send your email and include the following in the subject of your email:

“ATAS Reference Number” Certificate Change

· For any changes requested by the ATAS team to your applications including unemployment gaps - Please log back into the application, make the changes (E.g. add a new entry to confirm the dates you were not working) and resubmit your application to us so we can start to process it.

· If you are unable to resubmit your application after making the requested changes, please ensure you save the changes and go through each section until the end and the application says complete. You will then be able to resubmit your application.

· ATAS certificates are issued with six months validity to allow sufficient time for you to apply for your visa. We cannot extend the validity dates of expired certificates.

· A student who intends to continue study on a course of study which is subject to the ATAS requirement must reapply for a new ATAS certificate where:

1. (a) the completion date of the course of study has changed and will be delayed by more than 3 months; or

2. (b) the course contents or research proposal of the course of study change,

· The application for a new certificate must be made within 28 days of the change in (a) or (b) above being known to the student.
Original post by Ydina
Changes to ATAS certificates:

· ATAS will no longer be amending certificates for the following reasons:

· Errors or omissions on the ATAS certificate (Given names, Date of Birth etc.)

· Changing course dates

· Changing course/subject titles

· Mistakes in passport numbers or dates

The responsibility is on the applicant and the universities/research institutes to ensure the information submitted in the application is correct.

· For changes to renewed passports, please email us a copy of both your old and new passport. We are unable to makes changes to passport information without this. Please re-send your email and include the following in the subject of your email:

“ATAS Reference Number” Certificate Change

· For any changes requested by the ATAS team to your applications including unemployment gaps - Please log back into the application, make the changes (E.g. add a new entry to confirm the dates you were not working) and resubmit your application to us so we can start to process it.

· If you are unable to resubmit your application after making the requested changes, please ensure you save the changes and go through each section until the end and the application says complete. You will then be able to resubmit your application.

· ATAS certificates are issued with six months validity to allow sufficient time for you to apply for your visa. We cannot extend the validity dates of expired certificates.

· A student who intends to continue study on a course of study which is subject to the ATAS requirement must reapply for a new ATAS certificate where:

1. (a) the completion date of the course of study has changed and will be delayed by more than 3 months; or

2. (b) the course contents or research proposal of the course of study change,

· The application for a new certificate must be made within 28 days of the change in (a) or (b) above being known to the student.

So that means I can request to resubmit the application if I made an error?,
and this one is like when you have received the certificate
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 64
Maybe you'd better wait for request to change from the ATAS team. Or you may submit new application in your case.
Reply 65
Heyy everyone! Could someone please help?

I applied for an ATAS certificate in April as a PhD student starting in Sep 2023 as a self-funded student. However, my funding situation might change and I can get an international PhD studentship soon.

Will I need to make an entirely new application? Or will I be able to update the current one?

Kind regards,

Daria
Reply 66
Submitted on 30th March 2023
CAH3 code: 11-01-04
Have not heard back yet. Applicant from India
Reply 67
Original post by AG-1998
Submitted on 30th March 2023
CAH3 code: 11-01-04
Have not heard back yet. Applicant from India

Have you tried contacting your university and asking for their advice?
Reply 68
Yes university has written to ATAS on my behalf seeking an update.
Original post by Mxr312
Have you tried contacting your university and asking for their advice?
Reply 69
Original post by AG-1998
Yes university has written to ATAS on my behalf seeking an update.

Wish you the best. I'm currently in the anxiously waiting ship with you but I have been told by university multiple times to take it easy and just keep them informed about the process. They have acknowledged that delays are common and in my case the last date of joining the program is somewhere in the end of October. Based on this information and time taken to process a visa, I should have an ATAS by the end of September or else they'll have to defer my admission to the next intake if possible.
In short they have told me to relax and just keep the admissions team informed on every detail so that they can help me to the best of their abilities. What's your university?
Reply 70
Original post by Mxr312
Wish you the best. I'm currently in the anxiously waiting ship with you but I have been told by university multiple times to take it easy and just keep them informed about the process. They have acknowledged that delays are common and in my case the last date of joining the program is somewhere in the end of October. Based on this information and time taken to process a visa, I should have an ATAS by the end of September or else they'll have to defer my admission to the next intake if possible.
In short they have told me to relax and just keep the admissions team informed on every detail so that they can help me to the best of their abilities. What's your university?

Mine’s Royal Holloway University of London and yes they have told me the same
Reply 71
Original post by AG-1998
Mine’s Royal Holloway University of London and yes they have told me the same

wow same uni same code, doubt we even in the same programme ;D Ref 353x, still waiting. They told me pretty much the same. Not having a specific timeline makes me anxious, but I hope we'll be fine. Wish you a good luck!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Null2020
wow same uni same code, doubt we even in the same programme ;D Ref 353x, still waiting. They told me pretty much the same. Not having a specific timeline makes me anxious, but I hope we'll be fine. Wish you a good luck!

Likewise! My ref is 347xx. I have been enrolled for the PhD in Information Security Programme (CDT).
Reply 73
Original post by AG-1998
Likewise! My ref is 347xx. I have been enrolled for the PhD in Information Security Programme (CDT).

Same same. Hope to see you on campus in September then!
Reply 74
Original post by Null2020
Same same. Hope to see you on campus in September then!

Absolutely.
Reply 75
Original post by dushxcode
I applied on 7th April, but still no response. Im a research Ph.D. student in advanced mathematics. Should I send an email to them?

did you get your atas?
Reply 76
Anyone who got their Atas in the last couple days?
What's the reference number going on?
Reply 77
Submitted on 23th May 2023

CAH3 code: 11-01-01

Ref number: 355***

They just email me today (08/06/2023) for corrections to my application. They said that in the field "What will you be studying", they do not accept research statements written in the first person e.g. I, my. so I just copied the overview of my research project instead. Since my course starts in October , Im hoping that I get my ATAS in a few weeks.
Reply 78
Original post by dungpham98
Submitted on 23th May 2023

CAH3 code: 11-01-01

Ref number: 355***

They just email me today (08/06/2023) for corrections to my application. They said that in the field "What will you be studying", they do not accept research statements written in the first person e.g. I, my. so I just copied the overview of my research project instead. Since my course starts in October , Im hoping that I get my ATAS in a few weeks.

Ref number 348***
same happend to me. ATAS needed correction on this section. they have sent me twice to correct it it has to be supplied by the uni and show the aims/scope of the study.
Reply 79
Do ATAS people ask for multiple corrections at once or only one at a time? If it's a correction in the same field it'll obv be in multiple rounds...but do they mention corrections in multiple fields all at once?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending