The Student Room Group

University of Nicosia 2023

Scroll to see replies

hey, I just got an offer for medicine at Nicosia and would love to be part of the gc
Original post by Gaf2003
@hn. and I are creating a group chat on Instagram for offer holders so that we can get to know one another before we start 😊 Let us know if you want to join x

Hey

I just received an offer for medicine at UNIC and would love to join the gc x
Hi if you don't mind me asking how was your interview? . I don't expect you to tell me the questions ,but was preparing and thinking about the stuff they said on the interview guidance sheet helpful.
and congratulations by the way lol
Original post by abdulahad19
Hi if you don't mind me asking how was your interview? . I don't expect you to tell me the questions ,but was preparing and thinking about the stuff they said on the interview guidance sheet helpful.

Thank youu!!

The interview was pretty chill in my experience and i did find the prep sheet quite helpful. They just asked standard med interview questions.Just make sure you’re incorporating the key skills needed for a doctor in your answers. They asked 6 questions and I had 5mins to answer each so approx 30mins for the whole interview (you’re prompted to use the entire 5mins for your answers)

And they got back to me with my offer a week after my interview which was quick, but they do say it could take up to 2 weeks bc a different examiner marks each question

I hope you find this helpful and best of luck with your interview
yes this does help, thank you. One last question, did the interviewer interrupt while you gave your response to ask follow up questions because this is something I faced during a med interview I had in the UK and it really threw me off and it made it hard for me to answer each question well.
Also did you get time to think before giving your answer maybe a minute or two.
Original post by abdulahad19
yes this does help, thank you. One last question, did the interviewer interrupt while you gave your response to ask follow up questions because this is something I faced during a med interview I had in the UK and it really threw me off and it made it hard for me to answer each question well.

yeah, i did get interrupted during my first question bc she said my answer was answering one of the other questions she was going to ask later on in the interview. This did kinda throw me off a bit like you said,, but i just took a second to readjust my answer

There were some other little interruptions but i think that was down to misinterpretations of the question or running out of time. So i would say really listen to the question to make sure you’re answering correctly, and if there is an interruption don’t let it affect your other answers bc different examiners mark each question.

So far as the thinking time - it’s up to you.
They don’t give designated for thinking as i’m pretty sure they want the majority of the 5mins to be actually answering the question. But that being said do take like 30secs - 1min to think about your answer so it’s coherent

Hope this helpss
Reply 28
Original post by Gaf2003
@hn. and I are creating a group chat on Instagram for offer holders so that we can get to know one another before we start 😊 Let us know if you want to join x

Hi I’ve just received an offer for vet med and am taking it could I be added to the group?
Reply 29
Original post by Levhh
Hi I’ve just received an offer for vet med and am taking it could I be added to the group?

Hey!

Congrats on the offer! Of course you can be added if you’d like. I’ve just sent you a private message with regards to joining :smile:
I did the interview for the 6 year MD degree and they put me on a waiting list for septemer 2023. They said they'll inform me in late June with a final decision. I'm really confused on all the student room threads i've not seen people mention getting rejected or being put on a waiting list after interview invite, I guess i'm the first unfortunately. I don't know if it's because I didn't perform well at interview or because there might not be enough spaces for the 2023 intake.
Reply 31
Original post by Levhh

Hi Levhh
My daughter had a 2023 UNIC offer for vet Med which she has accepted. She’d love to meet some others either in vet Med or medicine. Can she be added please?
Reply 32
Original post by Gaf2003

@Gaf2003 please could you dm me to add my daughter to the gc? She has a vet Med offer at UNIC for 2023. Thank you.
Reply 33
Hi there, for those who got an offer in medecine 6ys, II wonder if you have chatted with anyone who are currently studying or graduated in medicine there ?

I feel a bit reluctant and worried when I saw the reviews on this uni.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Wai Wai
Hi there, for those who got an offer in medecine 6ys, II wonder if you have chatted with anyone who are currently studying or graduated in medicine there ?

Yes we have chatted extensively with someone in their second years. Are you talking about the reviews regarding medilinks? If so most people apply directly and don’t have that experience now.
Reply 35
Original post by Wai Wai

I know someone who is in second year and he really likes it. I also visited the university and it looks really nice as well.
Reply 36
Original post by Alias19
Yes we have chatted extensively with someone in their second years. Are you talking about the reviews regarding medilinks? If so most people apply directly and don’t have that experience now.

It would be helpful to find someone who is currently studying medical course 6 years before my daughter make her decision. The reviews are on the Uni of Nicosia all in general eg Administration, Not a Uni but a company, Money focus and not helping students well, low experience bla bla
Reply 37
Original post by Gaf2003
I know someone who is in second year and he really likes it. I also visited the university and it looks really nice as well.

It would be great to have a chance to chat with him and know more how it is to study 6 ys medicin.
Reply 38
Original post by Gaf2003

Hi, I just got an offer too, I too am from Birmingham. I’d love to get to be a part of the gc
Original post by Gaf2003
Heyy! Just wondering if anyone is starting Medicine at the University of Nicosia in September 2023? Would be great to start getting to know one another before lectures start. ☺️

Hi, if you're going to create a group chat, would it be possible if I gave you my number and then you add me to it please? I am thinking about studying medicine at UNIC this September as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending