The Student Room Group

MBBS program by SGUL delivered in University of nicosia

Does anybody have any info regarding this program?
I heared some bad info regatding this program such as:
1. Neglegence of the university staff torwards the students
2. Very unorgenized system to deliver the knwoledge to the students
3. Unorgenizes scedulle
4. Exsams which are nearly impossible to pass or olmost impossible chance to recive good grades
5. Problems finding jobs offer in the UK or Europe after graduation
And more other things
Does anybody have some info regarding this program and can confirm the info or have differnt info
Thanks a lot
Original post by Anonymous
Does anybody have any info regarding this program?
I heared some bad info regatding this program such as:
1. Neglegence of the university staff torwards the students
2. Very unorgenized system to deliver the knwoledge to the students
3. Unorgenizes scedulle
4. Exsams which are nearly impossible to pass or olmost impossible chance to recive good grades
5. Problems finding jobs offer in the UK or Europe after graduation
And more other things
Does anybody have some info regarding this program and can confirm the info or have differnt info
Thanks a lot

This programme no longer exists. Due to SGUL cutting ties with UNIC. UNIC is a terrible place to study and it is my mission to make everyone aware of it. For anyone looking for information regarding UNIC you can send me a message and I will gladly share my experience with you (with evidence).
Original post by Anonymous #2
This programme no longer exists. Due to SGUL cutting ties with UNIC. UNIC is a terrible place to study and it is my mission to make everyone aware of it. For anyone looking for information regarding UNIC you can send me a message and I will gladly share my experience with you (with evidence).
Hey, i'm a uk student looking to study at UNIC this September for their 6 year MD program, please could you message me privately, or on here, to describe some of the issues you have with UNIC?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2

I’m also getting offer for this September
Can you inform please about univ
Reply 4
Hi, I am interested in unic please can you tell me what went wrong in your experience. Thanks in advance !
Reply 5
Original post by Ajay19
Hi, I am interested in unic please can you tell me what went wrong in your experience. Thanks in advance !

This is an MD student feed back :
"
No problem. Ill try to answer everything.
- yes the quality of education is good here compared to other universities in cyprus and in the EU. Most of our students end up training in the UK or the US. Our content follows the UK NICE guidelines though not the US.
- cyprus is a very safe country. I was in Nicosia and now I have moved to Limassol for clinical years and both are nice, well-serviced cities suitable for student life. The staff are helpful in my opinion. They are very friendly and provide assistance for students in all matters. Although, as in every university, sometimes matters cannot be changed to our personal preferences and students just have to comply with administration rules (I personally don’t see that as a problem, I think it provides structure and discipline)
- the diploma is recognized worldwide (you actually get 2 degrees: bachelor in biomedical sciences after 4th yr, and an MD after 6th yr) and you are eligible to work in any EU country without needing an equivalent diploma (provided you meet the country of choice’s application requirements and individual standards of course). Yes, it is possible to train in prestigious hospitals post-graduation. I have friends who have done their elective courses in the US and matched for residency after graduation. The university has a career alumni or council that provides students with guidelines for pathways of entry for different countries all over the world. They are available to meet with students or respond to their emails and help them any time. Regarding the USMLE, students have to study separately on their individual time because as I said, our lectures are compatible with the UK (NICE guidelines). My friends have all done the USMLE Step 1 this year and all of them passed. I do not find it difficult, just requires preparation and dedicated studying for 5-6 months at least."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending