The Student Room Group

University of Nicosia 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Brekkerone
It's a good thing it isn't on the list - that list is for unis that do not meet all the standards required for the GMC. Lots of people have graduated from there join the GMC - that's what is says on the website anyway

Ah I see, in terms of application is it very competitive and if you have applied do you have any tips
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
From the best of my knowledge these are the universities that are looked at on a case basis

From what i know University of Nicosia is recognised in the UK and by the GMC as i have two close family friends that have graduated from there and are now working in FY2 in the UK

However things change so maybe it’s best emailing the school?

Hi! Do you know how do they get GMC registration after completion of year? Do they have to do Foundation year? Since you know couple of people who have graduated from there.
Is it possible for me to have a quick chat?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ami
Hii, yeah they just apply for full GMC registration and they have the option to go straight to FY2 since the 6th Year at UNIC med school is kinda equivalent to FY1.

But ik some people still choose to do FY1 just to get more experience working in the UK without the added pressure of being an FY2 doctor, it’s completely up to what you’re comfortable with.

Obviously this can still change but my friend graduated last year and this is what she did. Hopefully it stays the same for when we graduate!
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
Hii, yeah they just apply for full GMC registration and they have the option to go straight to FY2 since the 6th Year at UNIC med school is kinda equivalent to FY1.

But ik some people still choose to do FY1 just to get more experience working in the UK without the added pressure of being an FY2 doctor, it’s completely up to what you’re comfortable with.

Obviously this can still change but my friend graduated last year and this is what she did. Hopefully it stays the same for when we graduate!

Hi ...thanks for a quick response. I am graduating in 2025 Summer.
When do you finish?
I am still confused about UKNLA.
Do I need to give or no?
Ami
Original post by amihm
When do you finish?
Do I need to give or no?
Ami

Hi, i’m not 100% sure about the UKMLA as i am only going to first year in Sept, sorry i couldn’t be of more help
Hi can you please add me to the group chat

Original post by IshaMoon16
Hi!! I’d love to be added to the gc :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by VSTK21
Hi there,

I also received an offer a few weeks back, I am also from the UK

I am from Leicester where are you guys from?

I’m thinking of going to the U residence. There’s more rooms so there might be more people as well and it’s closer to the university.

Hi, We are also trying now. Waiting for the interview. We are from Grantham. Please let me know your contact, it would be good to catchup.
Original post by amihm
When do you finish?
Do I need to give or no?
Ami

Hello, I just got an offer from UNIC for the September entry, but I applied in such a rush so I didn't have time to go look at the university before and I am from the UK. As you are currently studying there, can you please tell me how you find UNIC? It's just I would like to get some feedback from someone who studies there.
Original post by hn.
Hi there!

I’ve received an offer for medicine and I’ve accepted it! Hope to be starting in September too.

Hi! I would love to join the gc if not too late. Im starting the course for medicine in a few weeks !
Reply 69
Original post by Gaf2003
@hn. and I are creating a group chat on Instagram for offer holders so that we can get to know one another before we start 😊 Let us know if you want to join x

Hi my daughter got offered a place in Medicine. She would be happy to get to know you all. Could you pls add her to the group?
Original post by Letsgetgoing
Hello, I just got an offer from UNIC for the September entry, but I applied in such a rush so I didn't have time to go look at the university before and I am from the UK. As you are currently studying there, can you please tell me how you find UNIC? It's just I would like to get some feedback from someone who studies there.

Hi,
Ex-student here. The university cares more about money than you as a student. If you ever need help for mental health issues, they refer you to "KESY" - which is actually psychology students disguised as a counselling service. These students are not able to diagnose. Personal tutors are a tick-box exercise, they do not assist you. They will never admit to making a mistake and will bend the rules for their benefit. Don't question the staff or else they'll prevent you from graduating (This happened to a friend of mine). Arrogrant, rude, discriminative and heartless academic leads. Medical education is sub-par, taught in English but clinical placements in Greek, doctors only translate when they are bothered.
Reply 71
Original post by Alias19
Hi Levhh
My daughter had a 2023 UNIC offer for vet Med which she has accepted. She’d love to meet some others either in vet Med or medicine. Can she be added please?

Hi Levhh, what your daughter's experience so far in the Vet Med program at UNIC? Did she do under grad or applied after the high school? Thanks.
Reply 72
Original post by Levhh
Hi I’ve just received an offer for vet med and am taking it could I be added to the group?

How’s your experience with the Vet Med program so far? Anything you can share would be great. Thanks.
Original post by UserM09
Ah I see, in terms of application is it very competitive and if you have applied do you have any tips
Hi,
I'm a bit late now but I am a unic student now in year 1. I'm not really sure if it is competitive (it shouldn't be really). Someone who has graduated and is now part of the GMC told me that it was competitive getting a placement in a hospital after they graduated as different places, such as London are more competitive to get into - it depends what area you want to be referred to.
just a question guys how do u plan on funding your studies i.e. the tuition and accommodation costs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending