The Student Room Group

Are there any times in your life where you have 0 people to talk to?

I mean 0, whether it be after secondary, sixth form or uni?
Depends entirely on the person.

So far in my life I've never had a period of time where I've been unable to speak to anybody. I've always had my husband and my kids and my mother to speak to.
However I anticipate rather sadly that one day, when I'm elderly, I'll be in that position.
Most of my life, tbh.
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah, it happens. Been distancing myself from friends back home and haven't made proper friends at uni so its pretty much just me most of the time with no one to actually have a proper convo with. Making attempts to better connect now though
Original post by Veronica K
Yeah, it happens. Been distancing myself from friends back home and haven't made proper friends at uni so it’s pretty much just me most of the time with no one to actually have a proper convo with. Making attempts to better connect now though

How have the attempts went ?

Yep. I didn't have any friends in secondary school. But, now in college, I do have friends. Tho I still feel lonely sometimes
How have the attempts went ?

Was a little difficult at first. They continued on with their lives and other friendships whilst I estranged myself so it was awkward and I was always second guessing myself and their feeling about our friendship. However, I just keep slowly trying and I would say I was welcomed back without much hesitation :smile: Still hard to talk about deeper stuff but its nice to have the connection again
Reply 7

Yeah. I think most of my life. It wasn't until I was maybe 14, 15 that I started talking to my sister. From then on she was like, my best friend. Talked to her with everything then she moved out. But by the time she moved out I had gained close friends I felt I could talk to. My auntie, and maybe 2 friends. Most of my life I kept everyone at arm's length and never tried to form deep connections. Im trying to fix that now
Reply 8
Well, that's more or less true most of the time.
Yes. Haven't really made any friends at university and I've stopped talking to most of the ones from school now that we aren't around each other all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending