The Student Room Group

Carers Allowance P60u

Hi my daughter is applying for student finance. I am a carer and as such have received carers allowance. When completing my part of the application they have requested a p60u. I have requested this from CA and received evidence of what I’m being paid weekly now. I have called again and been told they don’t know what that is…..I have been referred to Head Office.
There must be others who have been in a similar situation, so how did you over come this and provide evidence?
SF have told me to provide bank statements 🤷*♀️
Original post by Parsley1005
Hi my daughter is applying for student finance. I am a carer and as such have received carers allowance. When completing my part of the application they have requested a p60u. I have requested this from CA and received evidence of what I’m being paid weekly now. I have called again and been told they don’t know what that is…..I have been referred to Head Office.
There must be others who have been in a similar situation, so how did you over come this and provide evidence?
SF have told me to provide bank statements 🤷*♀️

Hi there,

Who did you request this from?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Who did you request this from?

Thanks,
Claire

I spoke to the carers allowance directly and they didn’t know anything about any such form, so they have referred it to their head office. I also spoke to the Tax Office and according to them they have no record of me claiming carers allowance and bounced me back to the Carers Allowance. I also spoke to Student Finance and explained and they’ve told me the only way I can resolve it is by submitting that years bank statements 🤷*♀️
I spoke to the carers allowance directly and they didn’t know anything about any such form, so they have referred it to their head office. I also spoke to the Tax Office and according to them they have no record of me claiming carers allowance and bounced me back to the Carers Allowance. I also spoke to Student Finance and explained and they’ve told me the only way I can resolve it is by submitting that years bank statements 🤷*♀️

Hi there, the P60U is generally sent out at the end of every tax year to confirm the taxable benefits you received for that tax year. I would advise to speak with them again and request this to be sent out to confirm the allowance you received for the tax year. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, the P60U is generally sent out at the end of every tax year to confirm the taxable benefits you received for that tax year. I would advise to speak with them again and request this to be sent out to confirm the allowance you received for the tax year. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,
I’ve only just checked in…sorry. The Carers Allowance don’t send these out and had never heard of them. In the end I had to print off that financial years bank statements and total up what I’d received. Student Finance accepted this and my DD’s finance has all been sorted now.
Hi Karen,
I’ve only just checked in…sorry. The Carers Allowance don’t send these out and had never heard of them. In the end I had to print off that financial years bank statements and total up what I’d received. Student Finance accepted this and my DD’s finance has all been sorted now.

Glad this has been resolved for you!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending