The Student Room Group

UCAS what to do

Hi, I'm a home schooled student so don't have a school to guide me on this so I have a few questions maybe someone could answer so I can make sure I'm not missing something.

I've applied for pharmacy and have 2 offers, an interview I'm waiting to hear back from and 2 interviews today and tomorrow.

I have an offer from my top choice already (yay!) but don't 100% know what to do now:

Do I need to do anything to accept the offer?
Do I wait until I have answers from all 5 until I do the above?
I'll apply for accommodation for my top choice, do I need to do it for my backup too?
Is there in general something I'm meant to be doing at the moment other than applying for student finance?

I'd be very grateful for any advice x
Original post by josiethomas289
Hi, I'm a home schooled student so don't have a school to guide me on this so I have a few questions maybe someone could answer so I can make sure I'm not missing something.

I've applied for pharmacy and have 2 offers, an interview I'm waiting to hear back from and 2 interviews today and tomorrow.

I have an offer from my top choice already (yay!) but don't 100% know what to do now:

Do I need to do anything to accept the offer?
Do I wait until I have answers from all 5 until I do the above?
I'll apply for accommodation for my top choice, do I need to do it for my backup too?
Is there in general something I'm meant to be doing at the moment other than applying for student finance?

I'd be very grateful for any advice x

Once all five of your unis have made their decisions, UCAS Hub will allow you to make one you firm choice and one your insurance choice. You can't make your firm and insurance choice whilst there are any decisions from universities pending.

With regards to accommodation, most (perhaps all) universities will only allow you to request accommodation if you have made that uni your firm choice.

Other than applying for student finance, which you've already mentioned, and studying / revising / interviewing, there's nothing particular you need to be doing right now. If you get more offers in, you'll need to decide between them, so you might want to look-out for open days or offer-holder days, which should help you make that decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending