The Student Room Group

UCAS Tariff Points/Grade Requirements

Hey guys, I have a question. Let's say for a particular course, the entry requirements are: UCAS tariff - 112/A level - BBC. If you don't get BBC but you still achieve 112 UCAS tariff points (by getting A*CD), will the university still accept you?
Original post by ice_bear
Hey guys, I have a question. Let's say for a particular course, the entry requirements are: UCAS tariff - 112/A level - BBC. If you don't get BBC but you still achieve 112 UCAS tariff points (by getting A*CD), will the university still accept you?

yeah if they state tariff/a level and there arent any t&cs that mention a specific grade or a grade in a specific subject
Reply 2
Original post by user8937264980
yeah if they state tariff/a level and there arent any t&cs that mention a specific grade or a grade in a specific subject

omgg thank goddd 😭
i assume thats how it works but double check with ucas live chat or someone
Reply 4
Original post by user8937264980
i assume thats how it works but double check with ucas live chat or someone

ahh okk ill do that, thankss
Reply 5
If the offer is stated in UCAS points, that is what they mean - total UCAS points from whatever quals you are taking.

If the offer does not mention UCAS points, they want specific grades, and they are not interested in 'points' if you miss those grades..
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
If the offer is stated in UCAS points, that is what they mean - total UCAS points from whatever quals you are taking.

If the offer does not mention UCAS points, they want specific grades, and they are not interested in 'points' if you miss those grades..

Hi, thanks for replying. But what if the course offer states both UCAS points and grades. For example, in the course that I've applied for, it says the "essential requirements" are 112 UCAS tariff points from A level. And then when you scroll down it says BBC/112 UCAS points. I've attached files below so you can see what I mean. I honestly hope they rely on the points for this course because after completing some exams recently, I'm not so confident that I can achieve BBC 😭😭, I'm more confident that I can achieve A*CD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending