The Student Room Group

Need help with firming a uni

I have received an unconditional for Roehampton Uni however, i don’t really like them. I have also emailed them multiple times asking if the unconditional is an offer only regarding if i make them as my firm. My teacher have also tried to email and call them but have gotten no response. My other options are Royal Holloway and Queen Mary.

My family is telling me to firm Roehampton and to put either RHUL or QMUL as insurance and on results day to call my insurance to ask them if they have a space because i did not know if i was going to pass. This is only if i get the grades. However, I asked my teacher who said this was not possible as firming an unconditional means I’m definitely in that Uni.
I’d say if you don’t like the uni, don’t firm it. As it’s an unconditional, if you firm it then you’ve committed yourself to that uni. If it was me, I’d firm Queens or Holloway knowing if I get the grades I’d be happy there, and have Roehampton as a backup. Also you can’t choose to go to your insurance on results day, you can’t predict if they will have your course in clearing or if there’s space
Hope that helps !
Reply 2
Original post by F.Frappucino
I’d say if you don’t like the uni, don’t firm it. As it’s an unconditional, if you firm it then you’ve committed yourself to that uni. If it was me, I’d firm Queens or Holloway knowing if I get the grades I’d be happy there, and have Roehampton as a backup. Also you can’t choose to go to your insurance on results day, you can’t predict if they will have your course in clearing or if there’s space
Hope that helps !

thank you! Before firming I need to find out whether or not the unconditional is based off of me making them my firm choice because they did not make it clear when they gave me the offer. This is just in case they won’t accept me on results day which is why I need written evidence
Original post by Cloudster
thank you! Before firming I need to find out whether or not the unconditional is based off of me making them my firm choice because they did not make it clear when they gave me the offer. This is just in case they won’t accept me on results day which is why I need written evidence

No problem !
oh ok, that makes more sense. Hopefully you get to the uni you want too, and hopefully it an unconditional offer regardless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending