The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

regarding durham college selection

I have an offer from Durham uni and they asked to rank college preferences. Are we supposed to do that regardless of whether we firm the uni or not?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have an offer from Durham uni and they asked to rank college preferences. Are we supposed to do that regardless of whether we firm the uni or not?
Hello,

Yes, regardless if you firm Durham or not, you will be asked to rank your college preferences and will receive a preliminary allocation. You can read up more on it on the University websites.
Expressing a Preference - Undergraduate - Durham University

Hope this helps!
Ghala
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
You don't have to do it. If you think you are not going to firm or insure it, you don't need to waste your time. The way the allocations work is that they will first allocate colleges to all those who have submitted their rankings. Following that, they will allocate colleges to all those who did not. So you will be allocated a college regardless of whether you submit a preference.

If you think you may firm or insure Durham then it would be sensible to submit your rankings but if you are doubtful then you don't really need to.

Quick Reply

Latest