The Student Room Group

How is living away from home classified?

I am looking for options to move out and one of them is my parents renting a place for me and me repaying them monthly (because I do not have a job (yet) and some landlords require that). Wondering if this counts as living away from home (parents will live 10+ hours away) because obviously the lease would not be in my name so I don't know if this is possible and would bring my student loan down as living at home. Thanks if you can help
Original post by parsnip43
I am looking for options to move out and one of them is my parents renting a place for me and me repaying them monthly (because I do not have a job (yet) and some landlords require that). Wondering if this counts as living away from home (parents will live 10+ hours away) because obviously the lease would not be in my name so I don't know if this is possible and would bring my student loan down as living at home. Thanks if you can help

Hi there, if you will be living away from the parental home you would indicate 'Elsewhere' on your application. The team do checks throughout the year and would request evidence of your tenancy agreement to show that you aren't living in the parental home. If you are requested to send evidence you would include a cover letter explaining the situation for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending