The Student Room Group

Help with uni finance

I am currently in year 13 and I think I will be perceived as an international student however I will get the indefinite right to remain on early September of 2025
So my question is if I make a 2024 application then got accepted and asked for a defer would I be seen as international or national in terms of pay
Can someone please help
If any one want any elaboration just ask
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Theonlyahmed
I am currently in year 13 and I think I will be perceived as an international student however I will get the indefinite right to remain on early September of 2025
So my question is if I make a 2024 application then got accepted and asked for a defer would I be seen as international or national in terms of pay
Can someone please help
If any one want any elaboration just ask

How long has you been in the UK?
Reply 2
Original post by QueenOla
How long has you been in the UK?

I am starting my 4th year
Reply 3
I am starting my 4th year

You will be a home student
Reply 4
Ok thanks and does that mean that your fees status is determined at your first day of uni regardless of the time you apply
Reply 5
Ok thanks and does that mean that your fees status is determined at your first day of uni regardless of the time you apply

You have been in the UK for 4 years you are classified as a home student so you would pay the 9k fee for Uni

When you apply it will ask for your nationality and ethnicity and if you have passport if so which country
Reply 6
I have the Egyptian passport

You have been in the UK for 4 years you are classified as a home student so you would pay the 9k fee for Uni

When you apply it will ask for your nationality and ethnicity and if you have passport if so which country
Reply 7
I have the Egyptian passport

Thats fine as mentioned since you been 4 years here you are a home student so dont worry about it. Wish you all the best
Reply 8
Wait last question so even if I don’t take gap year I still pay home fees if you have the source for you information it will be much appreciated thanks
Reply 9
Wait last question so even if I don’t take gap year I still pay home fees if you have the source for you information it will be much appreciated thanks

I am still here

If you take a gap year or not you are still a home student

When I applied I had the British passport since I have been here around 10 years for example, if I didn't have the British passport I am still a home student and would just say I have my Syrian passport since I have been here few years
Reply 10
I don’t know I am confused because online it says you need to spend at least five years but you r telling me that they only need four r u sure of this because this information will pretty much influence my uni choices
Reply 11
It says that to be considered a home student you must fulfil a few criteria:
- be free from any immigration restrictions (i.e. you must have an indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK)
- have 3 years residence in the UK, and you shouldn't have been living here only to get a full-time education
I don’t know I am confused because online it says you need to spend at least five years but you r telling me that they only need four r u sure of this because this information will pretty much influence my uni choices
Reply 12
Yeah but I don’t yet have the indefinite leave to remain that is why I was confused
Or do I just need to meet one of the two criteria
Reply 13
When will you get it in 2025?
Reply 14
Yeah but I don’t yet have the indefinite leave to remain that is why I was confused
Or do I just need to meet one of the two criteria

try maybe calling and getting in contact with https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us
Reply 15
I think 31 of October to early September
Reply 16
I think 31 of October to early September

As far as I know you are classified as a home student

trying asking and get in touch with https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us
Reply 17
Alright I will do that thanks for ur advice
As far as I know you are classified as a home student

trying asking and get in touch with https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us
Reply 18
Alright I will do that thanks for ur advice

no worries
sorry about that
I hope I have helped you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending