The Student Room Group

How hard is AS-Level English Language?

I'm considering taking AS English-Language as a qualification to make up for only getting a 5 in GCSE English Language(I didn't try, CAG though).

I'm taking a gap year and would likely do this alongside A-Level Further Maths.

My question: How hard is it? Of course, it will be different for everyone, but in general, is it difficult? All I really need is a C.

For context - I'm a pretty strong essay writer but I did struggle at creative writing and analysis at GCSE.
Hey!

AS English Langauge is not that bad, the actual course is very easy to get into. It's pretty much the same as IGCSE English. You also get to choose what type of writing you do. So if you battle to write a narrative or descriptive piece you can do an article or speech. If you're only thinking of doing AS and not AL the work load is pretty easy, so doing it along side a more difficult subject like Math will be easy enough. What are you planning on studying at Uni?
Original post by Marina S.
Hey!

AS English Langauge is not that bad, the actual course is very easy to get into. It's pretty much the same as IGCSE English. You also get to choose what type of writing you do. So if you battle to write a narrative or descriptive piece you can do an article or speech. If you're only thinking of doing AS and not AL the work load is pretty easy, so doing it along side a more difficult subject like Math will be easy enough. What are you planning on studying at Uni?

Thanks, you've made me feel a fair bit better about it ahah

I'm looking to do Maths at Uni, so since I'm staying for 1 more year to do FM I figured I might as well get this as a qualification too just to boost my chances a little

Quick Reply

Latest